Finally got one :P

zerex

I have lurked on here for a while off and on. Normally I do F-Bodies but have always wanted a GN or T-Type.

Well I finally got my wish, this should be in my possession early next week.

Need front end, but picking up a 81 parts car at same time. Turbo is off and in the trunk, not sure what pieces are missing but will be figuring that out as soon as I get it into my shop.

1985 Buick Regal T-Type

Ok so I will post pictures once I can get my post count up enough I can link :p let me go ask a couple questions.

Link to Pictures

256.jpg

256.jpg

256.jpg

256.jpg

256.jpg

256.jpg

256.jpg

Finally got one

Looks like a nice project. Very rare column shift with buckets. Looks like Leir Seigler seats too. Well good luck with the project and be prepared to mail order everything.

That looks like a real rare T Type you have there. The seats aren't Lear's I believe they are referred to as "50/50" or "40/40" split bench with console.
Hot Airs don't get enough respect but hopefully will one day.:wink:

Congrats man! As someone already stated, that looks to be a pretty rare car. What are you future goals with it?

Congrats man! As someone already stated, that looks to be a pretty rare car. What are you future goals with it?

Well first get it running and back together, I already hit all the car shows with my F-Body club and my 95k miles 93 Z28, so it I will be taking it to all the shows. I haven't seen another TR in person in years.

I was thinking about racing it but after hearing it's even rarer I may just get it fixed up nice and pretty since I am picking up a 81 at the same time.

The guy is keeping the rearend since he races malibu's so will have to find another 8.5 but for $500 for the TR and a 81 complete car that runs and drives I can't really complain.

I was looking for something to to take to the track and the 81 may fit that bill nicely and the 85 will just get resto and put into the stable to be driven for fun and maybe mess with the imports around :p may find it hard to thrash it once I fix it :p

Welcome to the Hot-Air crowd! Check out the H/A section...there is a TON of info and helpful guys there. GOOD LUCK!!!;)

Better pictures tomorrow when I go finalize the deal, will take a few more pictures of engine compartment, parts in trunk and the 81 I am getting also.

Here are better pictures of the ones above since I am home now and could edit them and put on my hosting instead of adobe.

Pictures

Took delivery today, It looks like all the pieces there. I could not find anything missing except maybe small pieces here and there. MAF, Throttlebody, etc. is All there in the trunk.

Here is the 81 I bought along with it for $200

main.php

Anyone know why I can't link my pictures? Works fine on other forums but not this one.