Finally Passed Smog test in So Cal - 83 turbo

SoCal83Turbo

Hello everyone,

I do not post on a regular basis but I find this site very informative.

So I finally passed smog. I had been messing with the car for months and finally after $ spent (new egr and cat) and alot of carb adjustments the car passed without being a gross polluter. I had smogged twice before and had my vehicle as a gross polluter. Got all this paperwork to fill, to see if I qualify , and threw it in the trash. Researched all information needed to do adjustments (books, turbobuick site, note from others). My brother decided to adjusted the carb himself. I guess it pays to research. We (my brothers and myself) tend to do most of the work on our cars anyways but a carburetor was new to us. We had never messed with one but reading material and adjustments pays off. Don't get me wrong the car has been sitting in my garage since summer. So it had been a frustrating process to pass smog. After vacuum lines were replace (even though they were replaces two years ago), fixed loose wires, cleaned up engine bay, tuneup and maintenance - turbo feels ALIVE AGAIN.

But you know what - it felt great burning rubber - the car feels better then it ever has.

Attachments

• smogtest1.jpg
    smogtest1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 178