Finding Exhaust Leaks?

ItStillSlow

I was wondering if anybody knew a good way to find an exhaust leak? I have looked over and over but can't seem to see or feel where this exhaust leak is coming.

finding exhaust leak

The easyest way i found to find exhaust leak is to charge the tail pipe with air from a blower vac or a yard blower. cap the other pipe with hose clamp and glove , take spray bottle with soapy water and spray all the way to the header flanges just like cheaking a leaking tube

Hook up an air line to the tail pipe(s) and take the rocker arms off. If it has duals the one pipe will be plugged and the other will have the line attached. Then turn on the pressure and listen for a leak.

You can also pour a small amount of oil in the intake and run the engine and look for smoke from the leak.

Okay I'm gonna try those ideas out. Its gotta be a massive leak because even with the wastegate puck slammed shut on the turbo I can only make 16 psi wot.

Yup been there, my car spat out header gaskets for years untill I found other ways to relieve backpressure(ie.bigger turbos and dp's) These cars have the potential to make ALOT of backpressure inside the headers and up to the turbo, leaks are just like flushing effeciency down the tube. The best way I have found to find the leaks is to use a mechanics stethoscope. Just idle the car in the drive and probe around. Watch your ears, you'll know when you found a leak.
Byron