You can type here any text you want

First Autocross of the Year!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
Hey guys,

Last Sunday was the first SCCA Autocross of the year and it was a blast! I installed the Ride Tech Muscle Bar front sway bar and the DSE Rear Bar and what a difference those made. The car turns and rotates exactly how I wanted it to, now I just need bigger wheels and tires! Here is a video of my best run of the day. Enjoy!

Mike

My heart is beating faster after watching that! How'd you do against the competition?

Thanks guys! I finished second behind an 05 Mustang on slicks. He got me by 2.25 seconds. Last year he was typically about 2.5 seconds ahead of me on slicks, so I closed the gap a bit. Its cool to see the gap closing after adding sway bars too, so I kind of got some real world improvement data.

You could hear the tires spinning up a few times too, last year my wastegate was sort of seized. I fixed that so thy turbo is spooling up better than ever too!

I took four guys for rides that have various types of sports cars and all of them got out grinning ear to ear and giggling like a little kid after the runs! The GN gets massive respect!

great work brother keep it up.. when you think of autocross you don't think a GN or Gbody for that matter.. killem bro

Still running the tiny 225/50/15 BFG Rivals. I killed two of them at the event though so it's time to get a real size. Those 225s were just way too small and couldn't handle the weight of the car well. I'm thinking of doing some BFG G Force Sport Comp 2s in 255/50/15 on a set of GTA wheels I have laying around. It'll be a lot more meat under the car even though they aren't as sticky as the Rivals. It should be a good place holder until I can get 17 or 18" wheels and better tires for them.

I drove mine to my first dragcross/autocross event of the year last weekend and fuel pump quit 2 miles up the road. :( Thanks for posting up some inspirational vids! :)

I know how you feel! I've been there too, unfortunately. Once you get to an event its all worth it!

That is awesome. I ran my car at the goodguys autocross event in Scottsdale this past march. A just for fun run. WOW what a rush!!! I am hooked for life. I love the go-pro videos. I hope more people get involved in this and have more events across the country. I will participate if I can go.

Back