First ever alum GN rims. pics.

i absolutely understand, but when there is a company who goes to bat for this small community to step up and make a wheel very close to orig., that's a huge thing. Every one in every car community is going to complain about wheel cost, but how many wheel companies are stepping up and making a wheel for such a small section of the whole "pie"? Like i said, there are other awesome wheel choices out there for "us", but who is making a stock looking wheel???? Not one, besides these fellas!! If i could pay 2g for an entire set?? I would absolutely love that! I'd call tomorrow and put a down payment, but that's unlikely and the cost to even replicate this wheel is more than that ten fold, but someone stepped up!

Fact is, it's not going to be cheap, but finally someone stepped up and made something very close to original which all the cats here have been dreaming about forever and when it comes down to it...three people will buy the wheels. Tb people are cheap...fact!!! Everyone is!!!

One other thing: If you have a three piece wheel and hit a curb, i highly doubt they're replacing your wheel. Yeah, they can fix the hoop, but at what cost? Might as well buy another wheel (changing backspacing is another story, but you should measure that **** before you put them on)

i dunno, just my simple opinion

+1:d

...and I don't know or care what a CCW is....as soon as I have the coin saved up...I'm buying a set of these Billet GN wheels from Budnik.

major props to Spoolfool2 and Budnik for stepping up.....and I won't be rubbing any curbs with them...just doesn't make sense...

I absolutely understand, but when there is a company who goes to bat for this small community to step up and make a wheel very close to orig., that's a huge thing. Every one in every car community is going to complain about wheel cost, but how many wheel companies are stepping up and making a wheel for such a small section of the whole "pie"? Like I said, there are other awesome wheel choices out there for "us", but who is making a stock looking wheel???? Not One, besides these fellas!! If I could pay 2g for an entire set?? I would absolutely love that! I'd call tomorrow and put a down payment, but that's unlikely and the cost to even replicate this wheel is more than that ten fold, but someone stepped up!

Fact is, it's not going to be cheap, but finally someone stepped up and made something very close to original which all the cats here have been dreaming about forever and when it comes down to it...three people will buy the wheels. TB people are cheap...fact!!! Everyone is!!!

One other thing: if you have a three piece wheel and hit a curb, I highly doubt they're replacing your wheel. Yeah, they can fix the hoop, but at what cost? Might as well buy another wheel (changing backspacing is another story, but you should measure that **** before you put them on)

I dunno, just my simple opinion

I agree. Really seems to me what kind of look do you want? Stock, then these are without equal. Aftermarket/GNX type, then the 3 piece custom wheels (CCW or similiar) would win hands down.
Both wheels are expensive and you have to ask yourself what do you want? To have a larger custom offset GN aluminum wheel or a race proven 3 piece wheel? My opinion is that the 3 piece is most likely a better wheel, but rolling up with an 18" GN wheel is like:eek: It would look very much like it belongs there and never will be dated.
That being said the Simmons/LM5's or Classics are HOT!!!!! I am just leaning towards the GN wheel because it is more stock looking.
And let's not count Brain at GBody parts out too. I believe that he is working on an aluminum GN wheel.

I love they way these look, but the the cost being close to ccw's its a no brainer. CCWs are a 3 piece wheels so if you want to change b/s or hit a curb you do not need to buy another wheel. It would be nice if we could get a set of 17's for 1,500 but that doesn't look like its going to happen. I just am not a fan of the cookie cutter american racing wheels out there either.

Sorry man I disagree...a stock looking wheel from Budnik...in 17 or 18?!?
Im rolling with Budnik..there no slouch in the rim game either. Im saving my income tax money to get a damn good start on getting me some rims and these are looking like a real good choice! Somebody come down and get some tattoos! I need more bread! :D

That photo shop job looks very sexy. Here's more pics you can chop.:)

008.jpg

022.jpg

012.jpg

Have more if needed.

Mike B.

ttt

Talked to Budnik the other day He sayed that he's been selling some 15s, but hasn't sold any 17's or 18's yet. He'll be at this show http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/342612-thinking-doing-cool-car-show.html next weekend for the west coast guys. If anyone wants to ask him about different sizes. He's planning on having some alum GN rims (mine:)) on display. There's talk of someone in the So Western sec. doing 17's up front, and 18's out back. We'll see if it happens.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I guess I'll have to be the 1st to go 17", what size should I get for a completely stock car?

I like, so far, this setup:
Wheel size:
FRONT: 17x7
REAR: 17x9.5

Back spacing:
FRONT: 4"
REAR: 4.75"

Tire size:

FRONT: 235/40/17
REAR: 285/40/17

I will be doing 8" in front 4.5" backspacing with 255 x 45 x 17" & 9.5" in the rears with 4.75" backspacing with 285 x 40 x 17" .

Photo

The photo shop pic of the first GN setup what size do these rims represent
18's 19's or 20's. Does anyone know the pricing on these. :eek:

The car looks sick with those rims amazing :D it says don't f***** with me all the way beautiful car;)

Jason at Budnik sent me this today.. it's an 18", thinking about staggering 17 in front and 18" in the rear.. seems to work well on g-body's that I've seen w/large wheels.

I would love to see them mounted. I really dig the look of these and wanto make sure the same effect as the photoshopped version above will be the outcome.

Did you only buy 2 of those 18's? Do you plan on mounting them any time soon? I'm dying to see pictures of the real thing.

Grand National W/ Budnik 15" Polished Wheels

Last years almost Long Haul on the Power Tour Photographed on the Colorado National Monument.

Attachments

• The Shot.jpg
    The Shot.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 782
Wow

First off, thanks to Spoolfool for starting this; he shoudl change his screen name to "GNGenie" or "GNe". I hope it's paid off for Budnik at least a little.

Thanks to Budnik also for actually making it happen.

I just bought a GN about 4 weeks ago. It has bald 235/60/15's on it. I've been wanting to buy new tread, but just couldn't do it yet. I wanted a 8" rim to get more footprint on the rear. I thought about buying some used GNX copies, or TorqueThrusts, Weld Pros or something for slicks, and using the stocks for running the streets. I am damned glad I didn't, and even more glad I saw this thread.

These will be my new wheels.....period. Street and Strip, no ifs ands or buts. You can't beat the original GN wheels for the proper look on the car (maybe GNX looks a little better, but just a little). These have everything. Original look, whatever size you want, and 12# per wheel lighter. You can't beat that with drumstick.

Spoolfool has an absolutely beautiful car. Looks best with the Budniks. But I'm sure it will pay to keep the stock steel in the garage.

I like these so much, I may buy a second set to put on my 2004 GMC 2500HD 4x4 crewcab. Can anyone work that up on a photo-shop?? My truck is Silver Birch Metallic. I'm not going to post a pic here so as to waste thread space, but if any of you photoshop gurus feel like it, PM me. I'd really like to see what they'd look like.

Thanks again to Budnik for doing this, and Spoolfool for convincing them.

Thanks.

As per your PM question, front tires and wheels are stock size. Wheels are 15" X 7" with a 3.5" BS. Rear wheels are 15" X 8" with a 4 1/8" BS. (I run aluminun drums, that are 1/8" thicker than the steel stockers. If I had steel drums, I'd go with a 4" BS.) Rear tires are (28" tall) 275/60/15 MT DRs. My car has 1" lower springs at all four corners. This drops the nose 1", while the 28" tall tire on the rear, brings the back of the car back up to stock height with a big tire tucked inside the wheel well. This gives the car a very slight rake. My car rides and handels very nice and can do 1.39 sixty ft times at the track. Life is good.:cool:

alumGNrims021.jpg

P1010029-1.jpg

5498956034_b43dd8bb09_o.jpg

Word has it that Budnik has made some 17 or 18" wheels for someone, but they haven't posted pics.:confused: Hopefully, they will, or someone will order another set and share in the eye candy.

Happy spooling

Mike Barnard