First time out with new Motor from DLS

Tony Shoaff

6.18@111.37 with 1.37 60ft.
6.16@111.59 with 1.39 60ft
They told me to slow it down so I started leaving on the foot brake.:mad:
6.50@110.88 1.65 60ft
6.44@111.66 1.62 60ft
6.42@109.52 1.52 60ft
Not bad for a V-6 with iron heads. Now I have to add more cage, get a NHRA license and make 3 passes with 3 licensed drivers to sign off. It was a awesome feeling. :)I cant wait to get the converter right, Boost controlled and get even faster.

Some of my guys said there was a 6.50 and a 6.0 car
down there this weekend. Didn't know if one of them was you .

Congrats.... cant wait 'til you bring it back to Gateway and run a full 1/4 mile pass:eek: you will probably set the V6 track record......again.

-Aaron

I will be back to put that record where it will stay for along time:):):)
I may be there this weekend for the 1/8th mile 3 day event.

I added some info in my sig. I do not know alot about the internals? That is Dan's secret. But look in the sig again. This was on drag radials and not my normal slicks. The car was hitting the rev limiter also from blowing through the converter.

Boost

How much boost were you running and how much you lunch with. I was wondering because I have a similuar combo without the stroker.

Boost was 25lbs launched at 5lbs. on the first two passes. Then I started leaving with the foot brake. The best part is I have only 19deg. of timing in all rpm ranges. Before the season is over I am going to turn up a few things and see how fast The Atomic Gn will go:)

Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. By the way this is not a stroker motor. Still has the factory rods in it.

Did you end up getting irons from Dan again? I still have your other ones on a shelf in my garage.

Yes I did Glen. Bare heads from Champion and Dan did the rest. I just ordered my converter I need for my new set-up. I will have a great converter for sale soon. Nothing wrong with it, just won't hold up to the new 800 plus HP monster. :) I cant wait to get it installed and see how fast she will run??

Here is a picture in St.Louis two weeks ago.

More times to come soon :biggrin:

Attachments

• 08-26Shoaff.jpg
    08-26Shoaff.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 588
What compression ratio are you running? Is that converter spooling the turbo up on the street fine? My combo in sig is almost ready and I will have nitrous assisted launches, but it will have street use most of the time.

Bo

I am not sure about compression? The converter is now stalling around 3600 rpms at five lbs of boost at the track. I was only dropping 200 rpm's between shifts. On the street the car runs fine.