First time out with new Motor from DLS

Compression

All I know is it is not enough and on a NEED TO KNOW BASIS. ;) The car has just got started.:eek: I will set a record somewhere this season!!

I will take it as higher CR. Only because you are running a 3200 stall and 25psi boost....I will also bet you have a very large cam. Seems these motors respond well to higher CR and bigger cam combo's running roughly in the 9's on down.

Congrats on the times. Sounds like Dan built you a beast!!!!

I forgot to tell you the stall is now 3600. Can't handle the HP. Mr. Grim it is a monster to say the least!! :)

When you going to throw a converter in there? It will help tremendously based on your current rpm drop of 200 on shifts. What is your slip % before you shift into 3rd?

I should have my new converter first of nex't week? Not looking good for racing this weekend:( Will be ready for nex't weekend:)

Good Job Tony!!

That thing is going to be really impressive. 1.39 60 Foot???? How do you like the Hooser radials?

Looks like Dan has his name on another mega fast 109;)

Sam,
Good to here from you since we meet? Not sure how long? I am very happy finally! I love the Hoosier Tire. I am not sure why it works like it does? Just maybe my time? This car is the fastest car I have ever driven and believe me I have owned over 125 different cars and trucks. As far as Dan to me He IS THE MAN with Any BUICK MOTOR!!! No matter the cost because of prep and assenbly!! DLS ALL THE WAY!!! I cant wait to be banned from all tracks I vist because I am too FAST. I will have set my goal and will build another motor? 1000 lbs lighter GN, TURBO CHARGED and outlawed because I will need more than I have to add now! I do not cheat. I just know I have been around these cars since 1987 when I went to school and still cannot find a car to keep up! Hope to see you soon? I will be @ US41 in a couple weeks.

I am waiting on a new boost controller as soon as I get it installed, I am going to try to do some more testing on our car. Maybe I'll get a chance to see the atomic GN make a pass at US41.

The last time I was at Dan's shop he showed me some of the cylinder head reserch he was doing. Amazing the amount of time this guys spends doing research. I am pretty sure the numbers your car is laying down have alot to do with the heads Dan did for you. Oh no what am I saying, it is the 18 to 1 compresion and the .800 lift cam LOL.

Compression and Cam size

Right;) I weighed the car yesterday with scales and it lost another 100lbs or more when I took the full factory fuel tank out of the car. It now weighs 3100 without me. I will add 4 more points of cage this winter though so It will still be to heavy:eek: My next step for weight lose will be cuttting the roof off and getting rid of the t-tops for next year. Dan showed me a lot also. I made several trips over there during my build. To bad I cannot find a fiberglass GN Body;) I would have it. Dan told me if I think I need to go that fast buy a Funny Car.:confused: Take care Sam.

Right;) I weighed the car yesterday with scales and it lost another 100lbs or more when I took the full factory fuel tank out of the car. It now weighs 3100 without me. I will add 4 more points of cage this winter though so It will still be to heavy:eek: My next step for weight lose will be cuttting the roof off and getting rid of the t-tops for next year. Dan showed me a lot also. I made several trips over there during my build. To bad I cannot find a fiberglass GN Body;) I would have it. Dan told me if I think I need to go that fast buy a Funny Car.:confused: Take care Sam.

Ive seen carbon fiber ones:biggrin:

Its been a while. Last time i saw one was at Raceway Park back in 96 or so. Im sure theres a few out there. Probably costs more than the complete longblock you have in your car.

Lighter means faster

Who is building your stage 2 Bison? If I could spend less than $5000 for a lighter body? Sold:eek: I hope to have a stage2 Full race someday. I need to buy a complete chassis GN when the times right.:cool:

Who is building your stage 2 Bison? If I could spend less than $5000 for a lighter body? Sold:eek: I hope to have a stage2 Full race someday. I need to buy a complete chassis GN when the times right.:cool:
RPE in Hartford CT. Ill be on the lookout for a carbon fiber body. Ill let you know if i see one again. Id bet it would be a lot more than $5k though. Never really thought about it till i saw it. Your crazier than i am. Id rather spend the $ on a more aerodynamic chassis than what we have.

Bison

WhenI find the body I will put it on my street car. Until I build or buy a 25.5 chassis to sit it on.;) I cannot wait. Keep lookin and let me know.:cool: Thanks