first time

wistleofdeath

the noise in Illinois.
I have a new friend that i just met a couple of months ago in Peoria that has a new 2003 z-28 with a borla exauast and what not. He is a good friend of mine and i give him crap about spending all that money on his car and he gives me crap for driving a buick (all in good fun) well lastnight we decided to run them. we went out to a road in the middle of bfe. and did our burnouts and lined up i started to build boost as he counted to three and then we where off i launched at 0PSI and we ran dead even untill second gear. He hit second before me and started to pull away. Just as I thought I was going get whomped I hit second man I rocked past him like he was standing still. After that is front bumper was even with my rear bumper. We hit third about the same time and i jumped out again and i kept on pullin. After about 3 or four seconds into third i saw him dropback, knowing that he got out of it i sloweddown. We met up after the race and He asked me how fast I was going and I told him that I was going 85;) . Anyway I thought it was fun so i figured that I would share my first street run.:D

good run man, i think you mean 2002 Z28;) its always good to get a win on your very first run

Hey Wistle

When did you get ur TR?? Good luck and welcome to the board.
Steve Chambers

See you popped youre cherry and it didn't even hurt.:)

Now youre gonna be wanting to do it all the time :eek:

Race that is!!

Good kill and welcome to the board.

I got my TR about a year and a half ago when i was 19. but just got it running this summer. Got it running, drove it for two weeks, drove it to the nationals from Peroia (24MPG :D ) and raced. Thanks for the warm welcome:) .

Ohhhh good age!

Originally posted by wistleofdeath
I got my TR about a year and a half ago when i was 19. but just got it running this summer. Got it running, drove it for two weeks, drove it to the nationals from Peroia (24MPG :D ) and raced. Thanks for the warm welcome:) .

Wow! 19....bought my TR back in 89 when I was 19 and its been looking younger ever year I've owned her. well, I'm 33 now and shes still my baby :D!

Originally posted by wistleofdeath
Just as I thought I was going get whomped I hit second man I rocked past him like he was standing still.
We hit third about the same time and i jumped out again and i kept on pullin.

When was the last time you had your valve springs changed?

about 5200 rpm I know the valve springs are weak they are still stock:( but I got a set ready to go in this weekend

Re: Ohhhh good age!

Originally posted by SITHV6
"To Perish (fail) without having drawn every available weapon (means) is not the way of the warrior" -Miyamoto Musashi- 'Book of 5 Rings'

Whoa. I know it's off topic, but I just noticed your sig. VERY nice quote :)

Re: Re: Ohhhh good age!

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
Whoa. I know it's off topic, but I just noticed your sig. VERY nice quote :)

Thanks! Miyamoto Musashi's book of five rings may be just a sword fencing book to some, but to those of us who enjoy "strategy" it's a required read. this quote for example can be applied to drag racing easilly. you're in pit row getting ready for a run...you're checking tire pressures, air bag pressures, keeping engine cool etc etc...it's all in the book. I'd suggest the book to ANYONE who wants an edge at work or play!

It was indeed a very good read :)

Another was Sun Tzu - "The Art of War". Another one which lends itself to racing easily:

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

:)

ahhhh feel the Zen....

Thus why we again show why it"s "Fast with Class", we are a cultivated and warrior savy breed of Buick owners.

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
It was indeed a very good read :)

Another was Sun Tzu - "The Art of War". Another one which lends itself to racing easily:

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."

:)

So what if you know your enemy and you know yourself, but your enemy also knows his enemy and he knows himself too?

And will you succumb if you know neither the enemy nor yourself, and your enemy knows neither his enemy nor himself?

And how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood? And what the hell is a wood chuck?

Philosophy - gotta love it.

The answer to that would be that the enemy plays very little part in winning or losing. As long as you are prepared, and take whatever precautions are necessary to ensure victory, the battle is over before it begins. Likewise, if you enter a battle unprepared, the battle is surely lost. :)