Fisher Body and the Buick

White Out

19 years ago Fisher body in Lansing, Michigan was pouring out g-body's. Earlier this year the plant was closed by General Motors and over the summer the teardown of this monument in Lansing began. It is litterally at the center of the city and it is a landmark that will soon be a land fill.
I took the oppertunity of a sunny day to take some pictures of the Grand National at it's birthplace before it is completely torn down.
Unfortunatly my camera's battery died before I could get close pictures of the front of the building.

Fisher1.jpg

Fisher2.jpg

Fisher3.jpg

Nick

I almost had a tear fall from my eye :frown: pics look good you have a great looking ride...congrats

It's a shame. The GM machine was a behemoth and it's slowly shrinking. Olds Division, Buick City, Pontiac G-body assembly plant, Lansing Fisher Body Plant, etc. :(

I hope they're sharpening their pencils up there with plans for some new, affordable, 'must-have' vehicles or the entire organization will be doomed.

carrddine said:
I almost had a tear fall from my eye :frown: pics look good you have a great looking ride...congrats
Me too, it was pretty sad. I grew up about 5 miniutes away from the plant and would go by it daily. It is sad to see it shut down. Thanks for the compliments on the car.

Nick

Lookin GREAT Nick! Would be nice when the plant was still open, or even now to get a lot of TR's in front of it, and take pics.

-Adam

cool pics man, what do you have as far as suspension that dropped the car? The stance looks very nice.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The car has a hotchkis tvs with tubular upper a arms and baer brakes on f-body spindles. Front wheels are 17x7 and the rears are 17x8 on BFG g-force kdw tires. It handles pretty damn well. :cool:

Yeah, the paint looks awsome in the pictures. Up close it is horrible, so I am going to actually clean up the body, new rear bumper, new rear fillers, new right tail light, get rid of some rust, and go flat black (not primer). Then clean the h3ll outta the wheels and add the rear baer disc's sitting in my closet. It should look pretty mean.

Nick