Flat Tappet recommendations

SS/GN

I want to build another engine over the summer,nothing fancy. Looking at freshen up with some ported irons and matching intake.:cool: The combination will have a 44 turbo on it for now and possibly a turbo upgrade in the future. I have just ordered a Dustys 2800 LU . I know everyone likes the roller cams but I want to keep with the stocker flat tappet Any recommendations are appreciated:)

Those heads will be cut--so take care with push rod length. Are you going to use the stock rockers?

We use many flat tappet cams in our street builds, and the 206/206 has been our choice for years! :)

We use many flat tappet cams in our street builds, and the 206/206 has been our choice for years! :)

Nick
Is this the Comp cams 206/206 ? at what et or mods does the 212/212 work ?

Last edited:
Be sure to get a push rod checking tool and measure for proper pre-load. You can get the correct length push rods from a lot of different sources.

I like my 206/206 comp cam. I am using adjustable push rods. I am with you , I wanted to keep the stock rocker assembly. The 06 cam works well from stop light to stop light with just a hint of lag. My 62 turbo is just right for both strip and street.

Nick
Is this the Comp cams 20/206 ? at what et or mods does the 212/212 work ?

Yes, most of our cams are from Comp.

The 212/212 is used when it is a street/strip 10 sec. build as it has nice power at mid-range, and higher RPM performance than the 206/206, but at that point we than go roller depending if the car will see some track time or not?

With a flat tappet and stock rockers the stock length pushrods should be fine even if the block has been decked and the heads surfaced. :)

I like my Erson 208.

I contacted Erson last year and they are not stocking our cams anymore. I also looked at Reeds as I have one of there cams in m y other car and they are no longer made.
Thanks
Kevin

So where does a 204/214 cam sit and with what combo does this cam work over the 206/206? I know years ago people were using them alot. Don't see too many using them on builds.

Ever used the flat tappet cams Richard Lassiter At GSCA sells? I hear they are nitride and phosphate coated for proper break-in and long life? Don't know whose cams they are, but they sound good....

That is the cam I use. There cam and lifters work great. My cam from them is a comp cam ground specifically for our motor.

206/206 is proven on mild builds easy to tune makes good overall power for a street car

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app