Fontana 10/31 who is in?

What kind of car?

• Total voters
That's what I like about Barona. Every race day is like a track rental. There are quite a few Carlsbad old timers that have made Barona their new home track. It's a little racer's sanctuary really. I know the owners would like to see the track attract more people, but I kinda hope the secret never gets out. One pass every 6 hrs. would be the pits.

SSSHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! what are you doing Donnie?! LOL. Barona is like having ur own 1/8 mile strip. Its the best plave Ive been too (even better than LACR) and the prep is good, the people are awesome, the food is great and the amount of runs you get is unbelievable! I mean I get like 4 runs before the lunch break, then 2 more before I call it a day (and there is still like 3-4 hrs left!)..... oh wait, I mean Barona sucks! Nobody go there!!!!!!:biggrin: Go to Qualcomm instead, tech there is easier! :wink:

How many runs did you guys get in?

If you get 1 run in your lucky! LOL Thats why I was kinda thrown off when you asked me on Weds if I was going to this event? I was thinking "Why, if I wanted to spend a lot of money and get teased about having a good time Ill just go to a strip club!" LOL But even after the private track rental there last time I wasnt too impressed by the track prep or the way they treat the racers. I would go again on a private track rental day, but not on any other "TnT' day, not worth it when Barona is like 20 min away!:biggrin:

SSSHHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! what are you doing Donnie?! LOL. Barona is like having ur own 1/8 mile strip. Its the best plave Ive been too (even better than LACR) and the prep is good, the people are awesome, the food is great and the amount of runs you get is unbelievable! I mean I get like 4 runs before the lunch break, then 2 more before I call it a day (and there is still like 3-4 hrs left!)..... oh wait, I mean Barona sucks! Nobody go there!!!!!!:biggrin: Go to Qualcomm instead, tech there is easier! :wink:

Ok, ok. I'll shut up now. :tongue:

Here's a tour of Barona. The number of cars you see in the staging lanes is pretty typical. Nothing like Irwindale.

YouTube - DRW / Buick V6 Alky v3.2 20L video test

This is it for my track promoting. Don't want the track turning into a zoo.

Donnie, great video of Barona! I def. miss it! I have spent countless hours there in the past after Carlsbad closed down some years back. Barona had become my home away from home with the exception of Qualcom every once in a while. I plan on going to one or the other this coming week when I bring my car there in preperation for my move from Florida. I'll be leaving this Wednesday and hopefully arrive there by Friday sometime....why not go racing...lol Hope to see you guy's in the near future.

Ray

Barona is cool, actually hooks pretty good for a 1/8 mile. I think we could have a little SD meet up and cruise down there some day.

Jim Borba that manages the track prep is very proud of his work. Barona is well known for its track prep. And the management is always looking for ways to make it better. Some of you old Carlsbad fellas might remember Jim's car. It's been around forever. It's a flared out white Cobra Mustang with a nitrous small block. Jim likes his spray and crazy wheelies off the line. The track has 4 owners and they're all racer's. Two of them I used to street race with, and we did our share of trying to wear out Carlsbad back in our younger years. Another is a well known Carlsbad veteran that many looked up to during the Carlsbad days and still do, Rick Reynolds. Not only do the owners want the best hooking track for their customers, they have a more selfish reason too. They want the best hooking track for themselves too. You'll find Rick racing along with everyone else every race day with his big block stretched Ford Pinto.

The Garret Turbo Mustang rented the track at one time and clicked off their best 60 ft ever up to that point. And, they let us know that they had been to a lot of different tracks. When a team like that is impressed with the track prep, you know you're doing something right.

If you can't tell, I'm excited for the track. They have a good atmosphere going on there. Just like Raymond said, if you're a red blooded racer, it truly is home away from home. It's like the old Fedmart, and later, Winchell's parking lot before the imports came in and ruined it for everyone. No reflection on you, Scott.

Spoolfool2 - Congrats on your times.

Fontucky is a PITA zoo to me, Im too used to the casual Palmdale and Carlsbad.

FYI, If you need cars for a track rental day let me know. Im in a 3rd gen F body club and some of those guys are into the 12's TPI NA and no juice with 350 blocks and would like some private track days.

My Beautiful Bride has an 82 bird that runs mid 11's. NA small block. Totally miss Palmdale and Carlsbad.

thanks, i always forget to take pictures but i did my best to atleast get some. i always like pictures. its nice to see someone taking and posting them up when people get toghter.

A few pics from the 31st that my friend Jed took. All of my car:eek::D
PA300334.jpg

PA300333.jpg

PA300337.jpg

PA310358.jpg

PA310360.jpg

Mike B.

looks good, how much did u lower the front

Car has 1" lower and stiffer springs at all four corners. However, with a 28" tall tire (275/60/15) in the rear, the back is at stock hight. This gives the car a very slight rake and tucks a big tire nicely under the back. I think I listed my mod combo in the tire section for how to do this. Also see my combo in my sig.
Mike B.
P1010012.jpg

Mike that's an awesome looking street car, Ten second V/6 stock computer that even pass's smog imagine that.

Mike that's an awesome looking street car, Ten second V/6 stock computer that even pass's smog imagine that.

X 2, other than my 10sec ride, miguels car is one of the GN's in Cali that i admired the most and coming from me thats saying a lot ;), he reminds me of myself but without the Enemies.. :D

You look like the Geico gecko on that picture mike, or should I say, so easy a Caveman can do it.. LOL, thats hillarious bro..

Car has 1" lower and stiffer springs at all four corners. However, with a 28" tall tire (275/60/15) in the rear, the back is at stock hight. This gives the car a very slight rake and tucks a big tire nicely under the back. I think I listed my mod combo in the tire section for how to do this. Also see my combo in my sig.
Mike B.
P1010012.jpg

thats one mean looking GN, congrats on the times