For those with rear discs, which proportioning valve fits best?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
After reading, I am convinced that I will need a different proportioning valve if I go with rear discs. I am just curious if anyone can recommend one that requires the least amount of brake line rerouting, easy mounting options(stock location?) etc.

places like inline tube have a factory style replacement for 4 wheel disc only down fall is that its non adjustable. i got one on my car and work great

We have a bracket that mounts just under the brake master cyl that holds the prop valve nicely and makes hooking it up a breeze! We also have this set up on our personal test car with nothing done to the factory combination valve and the brakes work perfectly..

Here is what we offer -> http://www.gnsperformance.com/products/bbrakes_track.html ....

Here is the mounting location:
proportioning valve 004.jpg

I have one on my vacuum setup with Baer rear disks.

Cheesy .99 hardware store bracket though. :p

BaerPropValve2.jpg

Flynbye does the mod. to your prop. valve for $30 which i heard is very simple i just cant find out exactly what to remove. Gbody parts has the brass replacement valved for 4 wheel disc for $89.

Flynbye does the mod. to your prop. valve for $30 which i heard is very simple i just cant find out exactly what to remove. Gbody parts has the brass replacement valved for 4 wheel disc for $89.
Some combination valves have a nut that comes off and some Do Not. GM installed several kinds of combination valves on our cars and some were not assessable to be modified while some were.. Mine has the nut on my car and all I did was install the BAER prop valve and adjusted my brake bias and it works fantastic! Some say you have to take the diaphragm out of the factory combination valve, some say it don't make sense to leave it in but I have not touched mine and it works perfect....

0 - 75MPH - 0 In 9.70 seconds and stopped in a 40' box! ( This is with Vacuum brakes & No modifications to the combination valve

Try an get one with the pressure sensor or your brake warning light could stay lit on your Dash...
You defently need to change from drum one (or gut the factory one) or you'll be pumping your brakes

Enjoy!

What needs to be noted with those new brass combination valves is you will Not be able to adjust (dial in) your brake bias like you would with a Proportioning valve!

That brass combination valve only does so much and that's it, the rest ( Fine tuning) would have to be done with the prop valve!

What needs to be noted with those new brass combination valves is you will Not be able to adjust (dial in) your brake bias like you would with a Proportioning valve!

That brass combination valve only does so much and that's it, the rest ( Fine tuning) would have to be done with the prop valve!

At that point, you might as well just ditch the stock one and install an adjustable one. I don't see any reason to "piggyback" one valve off another.

I have no problem installing an adjustable one. I would just like one that uses the same mounting holes as the stock one, so I do not need to drill any holes.

At that point, you might as well just ditch the stock one and install an adjustable one. I don't see any reason to "piggyback" one valve off another.

I have no problem installing an adjustable one. I would just like one that uses the same mounting holes as the stock one, so I do not need to drill any holes.
Why even fool with the stock combination valve? Just do what I did and install the adjustable one and the mounting bracket, leave the stock one there and call it a day... Then you can adjust the brake bias the way you like it...

Gut the residual valve from the stocker, or not, and don't touch the lines.

Brake warning Light still works and you adjust bias up top and the adjustable control is out of most of the elements.

The brass valves I've seen for discs just keep the residual flow proper for discs, I don't think they reduce pressure by about 50% like the Baer valve you may need.