It's just a V6 Brick.....
2011 Ford F-150 | EcoBoost Torture Test | Ford.com

:cool:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O7I4knkKEo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0yTTvh_Ikg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxN3JnQ47b0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_bbzRLdDM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Pi00oBv3Q[/YOUTUBE]

i thought the towing up the hill was kinda BS. how are you going to compare a NA v8 vs a Turbo motor?

Actually it is a twin turbo V-6! :D

Ford has a neat introduction program for the EcoBoost F-150. They will set an appointment for a 20 minute test drive and meet you at home or work with a test truck.

I do not expect it to replace my 6 cyl Cummings turbo Dodge, but I will certainly consider a F-150 to replace my Ranger for parts running and such. :)

My drive is scheduled in about 3 weeks, and I am eager to see it kick-ass on a certain local Hemi Ram 1500. :cool:

sure is a sweet truck. Not bad for a FORD.

Nick your cummins would put hurting on that little Ecoboost

that like comparing my tubo 3.8 vs a 5.0 mustang

That is an interesting statement! :biggrin:

When my T-Type was new and un-modified in 1987, it ran 15's at Firebird here in Phoenix, but with a couple simple mods, including replacing the crap Goodyear tires, would get it into the high 14's.

Couple week ago, a girl driving a 2011 Mustang 5.0 automatic ran 13.1 at Speedworld just the way it was delivered with a temp plate. With a little practice and tweaking with tire pressure, it should see a 12 sec. run.

Not bad for a $30K price tag compared to a GN at ~#17K almost 25 years ago. ;)

Actually it is a twin turbo V-6! :D

Ford has a neat introduction program for the EcoBoost F-150. They will set an appointment for a 20 minute test drive and meet you at home or work with a test truck.

I do not expect it to replace my 6 cyl Cummings turbo Dodge, but I will certainly consider a F-150 to replace my Ranger for parts running and such. :)

My drive is scheduled in about 3 weeks, and I am eager to see it kick-ass on a certain local Hemi Ram 1500. :cool:

Wow, that is really a cool deal. Love it or hate it, Ford is kicking a$$ and taking names!

sure is a sweet truck. Not bad for a FORD.

Nick your cummins would put hurting on that little Ecoboost

I agree Brent, pulling that trailer up the hill with my Dodge Cummings vs. the Ecoboost would not be a good ad piece for Ford, but we are talking only gas motors here! :)

But a regular cab F-150 EcoBoost could satisfy my needs around town for the occasional "boost fix". :cool:

Good ad. Have had an 06 F150 and now have an 08 love both of them. I have a 5000lbs travel trailor that my 4.6 works to pull but get's it done (slowly)..... after those videos I may just trade it in this year. My local Ford dealer will give me a demo F150 for a weekend, come spring I'm goona pound the crap out of one. :D

WOW.... a turbo F150. That thing is going to break some hearts! Especially if it get's the flex fuel treatment. Imagine what kind of power it could make on E85....

Ford deliver's another great US engineered boosted performance product while GM does what? Kills Pontiac and coughs up an electric chevy?

hello people; I just watched the available videos on the eco boost and it's testing super. It reminds me of the HD testing they did with there V-rod. I'm very impressed and it's a good show case for other products. Oil,coolant fluid. It's a test for them also. But alot of where and terr is just starting a stone cold engine and not shutting down is not as good as a test. Is that engine just in there trucks?
IBBY

I have never really been a big Ford fan, but how can you argue with these test results? Of course, it can't compete with my Cummins, but most people don't need a truck that can pull 20k lbs. For the average person that pulls a small trailer occasionally, this truck makes sense. Just imagine if you took care of it and didn't beat it up like it owed you money. I like where Ford is going, and would consider one of their products.

That video is quite amazing. For an everyday occasional work truck I am very impressed! I'm half tempted to trade in my car and get one when they are available. Maybe I will do one of those test drives and see how I like it.

Anyone know what the mileage is supposed to look like? I don't think they mentioned it in the video.

Well I fell this type of advertising by ford when I bought my 04 ford f250 with the 6.0 powerstroke. The worst mistake that I have made on buying a truck. I hate it. There advertising was almost the same as it is with the new ecoboost.:rolleyes: Buyer beware. Just look at the track record with the 6.0 diesel! Mine has left me stranded several times!! just my 2cents.

Lincoln uses that motor too, I had an 97 f 150 with a little 6 banger I loved that truck.
Wonder how much better on fuel the eco boost is compared to the 5.0

I laughed my butt off when they said they thought something was wrong when they couldn't get anymore fuel in it when racing on the Baja.

Well I fell this type of advertising by ford when I bought my 04 ford f250 with the 6.0 powerstroke. The worst mistake that I have made on buying a truck. I hate it. There advertising was almost the same as it is with the new ecoboost.:rolleyes: Buyer beware. Just look at the track record with the 6.0 diesel! Mine has left me stranded several times!! just my 2cents.

Apple to oranges comparison dude. The 6.0's are junk, no debate there. That motor was built for Ford by navi-star and was the first of its kind with EGR equipment on it, which is where most of the problems stem from in a 6.0. The Eco-boost motor and even Fords new 6.7 Diesel motor(which will give all you cummings boys are run for your money:wink:) is engineered and tested by Ford. The testing in these video's is just a fraction of what testing is really going on...