Frame notch?

ACLR8R

I was thinking of having my frame notched in order to fit a 325/50/15 BFG Drag. How much extra room is gained by notching the frame? I am running a 275/60/15 and it fits, but it is tight, and I believe that the 325/50/15 is about 2 inches wider, does notching the frame pick up 2 inches? Fitting that tire is my goal so if I cant fit it I wont do it. Just wondering who has had it done, I know there are a couple guys who are running this combo. Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Any input is appreciated!

Thanks.
:)

Sorry, i don't have first hand experience.
Check with Kendall Frederick, moderator on Stage board, he did his himself.

Notching the frame is NOT going to give you 2". If you also mini-tub, you may come close.

Thanks for the replies. So you cant fit a 325/50/15 drag radial without a mini-tub? Any idea on what a mini-tub should cost?

Pics here.
You'll get an +1.5 or so (frame wise), depending on how much you tuck the one piece into the other. You probably could get 2, but it'd be alot of work. Moving the inner fender over gained some more room.

http://home.woh.rr.com/brucesgn/

285/45x17 tuck up in there no sweat. For the 3xx's you probably can if you have a mounted tire handy for fitting everything as you go. Probably will have to trim the lip on the fender also.

You won't be able to run them without modification. I used to have some 305/40/16 M&H slicks on GNX rims that fit my GN without a notch, but only because they were on an 8" rim. They rubbed the frame and eventually got cut by the wheel well lip. You'd need to roll the lip, at a minimum.

My T-type has a notch/mini-tub and I can say that it was a pain in the ass. :) It's possible to fit a 29.5x10.5W tire in there, though. I ended up wanting the car to be a bit lower and I'm having to massage the fender lips some more to clear. To clarify, "massage" at this point means a sawzall and a set of GNX flares; I already rolled the fender lip and tried the baseball bat trick. :eek: