Fresh motor, day after, wont start. Oily plugs.

Map sensor swapped for a 2 bar?
3 bar reads 1.6
2 bar reads 2.3
Key on engine off
That will affect only the factory boost gauge and alcohol system if used

Julio, The one that read 2.36 was the one that came with the car and everything functioned great, just until I went ahead and checked it (since i had issues with the original cluster gauges). In fact that's the same one that you connected the ALKY to, few years back, unless THAT one was a 2 bar, but the ALKY worked w/o any issues so it should have been ok...The one I bought from GM new, I haven't checked what it reads but since I have reconnected the ground, my boost gauge works fine, matches the vacuum gauge that's inside the car. I'll recheck it with the multivolt meter again to see what it shows now.

I have FINALLY found the problem to the low reading gauges! when I had the ALKY disconnected, I didnt tie the ground cables for the dash that were under the steering wheel, unbelievable :confused:. Grounded the cables and everything works great, in fact now my oil mechanical gauge that I ran to the inside of the car window pillar shows lower #s than the stock electrical does, for some reason. Sometimes they both match but other times the mechanical shows about 10-15 lower.

AND The smoking that my car had was finally resolved! The valves were the wrong valves on the head that was replaced at the shop, buick head was used (one of the ones that fits the TTA) but the TTA valves were not installed and instead, Buick valves that came with the head end up being used (apparently mechanic had NO IDEA they were different) so all the different theories of what it could have been pertaining to the smoke, are all proven wrong. Took the head back to the shop and asked to put the TTA valves, in that replaced head, which seemed to be the last option at this point, and sure IT WAS the whole problem from day one that Buick head was installed. Car DOESNT smoke at all, ones the valves were replaced. What a nightmare that didn't have to happen if only there was little more knowledge present, on the builder side...or mine.

Car runs great now, and pulls hard at 16lb on TE44 (and thats with the ALKY off, for now)... except there is a little misfire (probably the lifters, since I haven't replaced those, but should have) I cant think of any other reason.

I want to thank everyone who spend their time in trying to help me out with all of the issues my car had. Its not perfect but at least I can drive it now after all this time and $ I put into it. I have learned a lot in the whole process.