Friday Night Races At Redline

GRANDNAT87

LSPBC President '06
Don't forget about the first race scheduled for this Friday at
Redline. Come out and join in on the races and win some $$$
for 1-4 place. Go to WWW.LSPBC.ORG For any questions and directions for the track. Located North of Dallas.
See you there,
Rick Kinworthy
Asst. Director lspbc
:cool:

I was at Redline....

So who was the tall guy that came up to me and started talking crap when I hadn't said anything to him at all? I went out there to race the Son of this guy I work with in his T-Type and this guy just walks up and starts talking all this smack about my Mustang. I eventually play along cause I figure he's just screwing around, but he hops in his car and asks me, " What are you doing? Let's go!". I tell him no, that I was waiting to race someone else first. Well, he calls me a pvssy, so I said fvck it and lined up with him. I hope he had fun staring at my talilights the whole time down the track. :p Apparently something broke on his "stock" Buick. He didn't come back over to me to say anything the rest of the night, just stayed there working on his broke ass Buick. Tough luck man, I hope you get it fixed soon. Maybe next time you'll be in better shape and the race will be better. However, maybe you shouldn't just randomly talk sh!t to people who haven't said anything to you. Because you came out looking like more of an idiot by breaking your car after all the smack talk, than I would have If I had lost. ;)

Hey breadfan,don't talk smack.You know he broke a rocker arm at the line.You did act like a little sissy though.You talked trash too,so don't act like you didn't ask for it.That GN and your car were a very close match,so maybe you and David can race next time in may.I will have my car there too if you want to try a modded GN,Davids is almost all stock.I dont think you will want to though, I run deep in the 7s on pump gas just like I drive it through the gate without even raising the hood or changing chips.Just remember you came here talking smack.I won't let you know who I am at the track so if you pull my card,8.18s won't help you.Maybe I'll even put in some race gas and up the boost and really spank you hard for talking trash.I know the car,so be careful who you choose off.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
Hey breadfan,don't talk smack.You know he broke a rocker arm at the line.You did act like a little sissy though.You talked trash too,so don't act like you didn't ask for it.That GN and your car were a very close match,so maybe you and David can race next time in may.I will have my car there too if you want to try a modded GN,Davids is almost all stock.I dont think you will want to though, I run deep in the 7s on pump gas just like I drive it through the gate without even raising the hood or changing chips.Just remember you came here talking smack.I won't let you know who I am at the track so if you pull my card,8.18s won't help you.Maybe I'll even put in some race gas and up the boost and really spank you hard for talking trash.I know the car,so be careful who you choose off.

First off I didn't know what it was that he broke. A couple of guys said different things when I asked what happened. And How did I act like a sissy? I was minding my own business talking to people I knew and he came up to me talking smack. I didn't even know who the hell he was. All I did was defend my choice of car. I never talked any smack. I didn't once say his car sucked, I didn't once say it was slow, and I never once said I could beat him. I didn't even know the guy. Why would I go and say I could beat a car I know nothing about?

He was the one that said my car was slow, He was the one that said he could beat me. If he hadn't broke anything, I don't know if I would have won. I don't even know what his car runs. When you rae cars, things break, Friday just wasn't his night. I've broke something at the track before too. But I didn't go on about how I would beat some other guy right before I did. Therefore he looked pretty silly breaking on the line after the stuff he said. Hell I had two other guys,(more people I don't even know) oome up to me and say "Way to beat that guy talking all the trash". If he hadn't broke, things might have gone the other way....

As for you, we can run if you want. I really don't see why you wouldn't rather run someone that was more of a match for you. You are yet another person I don't know and never said I could beat. But I'll race you if it's really that big of a deal to you. My best (in the 1/8) is only 8.02 @ 86 mph. However if you are wanting to race me that bad, you'll need to make a trip out to Ennis or Denton. That's where I usually am on Fridays. I only went to Redline to race the the guy I work withs Son. I did that, so now I'm going back to the tracks I like best. Redline is a real nice track, but I prefer the others.

I'm not trying to pick on you.I understand your feelings about being approached.Ok you werent being a sissy,you just reacted kind of slow.I would have been like "lets go man!"if someone charged me up.I just jump too fast.The reason I offered you a run is to show what a modded GN can run like compared to a stock one.The one you were going to race is about all stock except for a chip and downpipe and maybe one or two other small things.He normally runs 7.7xs on race gas with the boost turned up.He was having problems and had to let out at the top end all night.You made the insinuating remark about his car being "stock",well it is really.I think you have a fast car for being naturally aspirated and you drive good,I watched you run.I think the kid you came out to race is named Cody.He told me you have heads and a cam and some stuff.Apparently it is a good combo for sure.It is not a big deal that we race to me,I just offered a race with a modded GN.I like kennedale the most ,but redline is where our club meets are scheduled.I have never run at ennis or denton.I hear ennis is hard to get a run at and they follow tech real close.I might not get to run much if at all there,so I don't go.How is the track in Denton,is it set up pretty good?I know most of the DFWStangs crew go out there.I am a member of that board,but I don't post much.Don't let it bother you if someone approaches you next time like that,the only reason they do it is because they want the competition.I cut my teeth on Mustangs and now I have a GN and a 85GT I like them both for different reasons but I like to pick on stangs in the GN because only the fast ones accept the challenge and it makes for a fun race.I think its no fun to race the same kind of car as mine.

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
I'm not trying to pick on you.I understand your feelings about being approached.Ok you werent being a sissy,you just reacted kind of slow.I would have been like "lets go man!"if someone charged me up.I just jump too fast.The reason I offered you a run is to show what a modded GN can run like compared to a stock one.The one you were going to race is about all stock except for a chip and downpipe and maybe one or two other small things.He normally runs 7.7xs on race gas with the boost turned up.He was having problems and had to let out at the top end all night.You made the insinuating remark about his car being "stock",well it is really.I think you have a fast car for being naturally aspirated and you drive good,I watched you run.I think the kid you came out to race is named Cody.He told me you have heads and a cam and some stuff.Apparently it is a good combo for sure.It is not a big deal that we race to me,I just offered a race with a modded GN.I like kennedale the most ,but redline is where our club meets are scheduled.I have never run at ennis or denton.I hear ennis is hard to get a run at and they follow tech real close.I might not get to run much if at all there,so I don't go.How is the track in Denton,is it set up pretty good?I know most of the DFWStangs crew go out there.I am a member of that board,but I don't post much.Don't let it bother you if someone approaches you next time like that,the only reason they do it is because they want the competition.I cut my teeth on Mustangs and now I have a GN and a 85GT I like them both for different reasons but I like to pick on stangs in the GN because only the fast ones accept the challenge and it makes for a fun race.I think its no fun to race the same kind of car as mine.

It's cool man. :) I have no hard feeling towards you or the guy that I asked about. David you say right?

I'm on DFWstangs.net also under the same screen name. The reason I wrote "stock" is because I didn't believe it was stock. And he told me more than once that it was. Now If he would have said "lightly modded", I'd have believed that. But coming from DFWstangs.net where everyone BS's about their mods, one tends to never believe anyone. I am always straight forward in telling what my mods are. I have Heads/Cam/Intake and 3.73's. My suspension is 95% stock. The only thing I have are subframes.

Kdale is the only Track I haven't raced on around here. I like Denton the best. I always run great there. I've ran my best MPH of 87 twice but only at Denton. My Best (1/8) Et I ran at Ennis, but I don't usually MPH as high there. As for getting alot of runs in at Ennis, it's really just depends. I've been there about 5 times this year and only twice did I get only 4 runs the whole night. But usually I am like you GN guys and like to let my car sit for awhile after 1 or 2 passes. The other times I've gone to the track, I've got anywhere form 6 top 10 runs in. It's really just a chance on whether it will be a packed, or light night. But I t is a fun track. Plus it's a hell of alot closer than Hallsville!

If you come out to either Denton or Ennis and you see me, we can run. I hope to make it to the 7.9 range soon, if I can get my 60' down a little. If not, I'm sure I'll make it back out to Redline sometime. Hopefully I can make it to Kdale sometime too. :cool:

Cool.Your MPH is not far off from my street trim set up.My best so far has been 7.87 at 90mph with a 1.8 60' on a peg leg.I just installed an eaton posi,so that might change things.I want to try some race gas and turn up the boost next time at the track after I get done painting it.I might be able to break into the 6.9xs on a good tune.I think I have some 7.50s waiting on me in street trim next time out with both wheels turning.I think I will try Denton some time soon.Keep me posted,maybe we can find a tenth or two in your setup.My GT will be done this summer with a 351 and 200 shot.Should be fun woohoo.It has a healthy cam,some roush200 heads,victor jr.,crane rockers,and...some other stuff.;)

I just now saw this post. Make sure you have your Mudstain at the track on May 10th and we will hook up again!

Then don't cry like a sissy when my Stock GN leaves your Mudstain in my dust! :eek:

So when is an 11-sec turbo/injector combo "stock?" Or did you simply mean "stock" internally? I just want to know when I can start calling my cars "stock" too.

Hey guys, a little ribbing is cool but lets be sure to keep it friendly! :)

Doug C.

Who said that David had injectors and a turbo?His stuff is still stock.If you are talking about me,I never said mine was.

I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall him saying he was running a TA-49 and bluetops when I saw his car at the Plano Chuck's show (This was a WHILE back). Isn't his the '86 GN w/ T-tops and Welds?

Sorry if I am wrong.

Whatever it is, it is still an eleven-second combo given that his sig says 12.0 on a 1.7 60'. Last I checked, even with only "free" mods, "stock" Turbo Regals weren't hitting bottom 12's. I guess this depends on the definition of "stock." I know neither of my cars are anywhere close to "stock," IMO, as they are both significantly modified from how they sat on the Buick showroom floor in '86.

I really want to get out to redline next time you all go out, hope to see you all there soon.

Good Luck

Had a 49 for awhile, back to the stocker and yes it does have 36lb injectors.

The car ran 12.05 @ 113mph in Oklahoma at Thunder Valley with Stock Turbo (at 23lbs), stock inj, stock IC w/big neck and a stock DP with a dump!

The guy that built the motor and tunes on it as well is one of the best!

Best time @ Redline was a 7.69 @ 90mph converter locked.
Average times 7.80 to 8.0's at 86mph without locking the converter.

Bye Bye Mudstain:eek:

Man...

Sounds like you've got a real runner.

Good luck with it and I hope to see you run at the track sometime this summer.

Well, I hate to let the cat out of the bag. But, I know for a FACT that David has a Turbo and 6 :eek: Yes 6 injectors in his car.
Thats the facts.:eek:

Originally posted by 280GNZ
Well, I hate to let the cat out of the bag. But, I know for a FACT that David has a Turbo and 6 :eek: Yes 6 injectors in his car.
Thats the facts.:eek:

So I guess I'm busted!:eek:

Yes I do have a Turbo and six count'em six injectors!:D :D

Everyone for Redline tonight? Brackets start about 9pm for the Buick club!