Friends GN vs. New Evo

Wow, this thread has an amazing history behind it......

First, it started with my GN obliterating a new Evo 8.......

Second, it evolved into a discussion about how much horsepower an Evo 8 REALLY has.......

Then, it has evolved into a discussion about how Mistubitchy helped kill our citizens in wartime......

What's next? Front bumpers made of boiled football leather? :D

I do know this. There are a lot of members on here who know quite a bit about Mistu's!!!!

Originally posted by WakkoSS
There's a gold EVO in FF2.

I would NEVER buy a Mitsubishi. Anyone wanna guess what Japanese company helped to financially back the 2nd World War? Give you a hint...they built the Zero.

Well ya better take all of the Bosch-made equipment out of your GM (Turbo Buick) car. Guess who contributed to the German war machine during World War 2?

Oh, and you better check those Siemens injectors before you use them. I believe they contributed technology to the Nazis during WW2 as well.

Just some food for thought.

Saying you won't buy something from Mitsu because they made torpedoes for the Japanese to bomb Pearl Harbor with is like someone blaming whites now for slavery. :rolleyes: I know it's two totally different things, but hopefully you'll get my point.
Anyways, nice kill, and the Evo's are pretty neat cars. :)

Most, if not all, of the people who made decisions for Mitsu or BMW during WW2 are probably dead or close to it by now.

I won't buy anything mitsu b/c they're responsible for the POS 2.5L i4 boat anchor. Gus made it work... but it's a pile.

mitsu's build quality is ****ty at best....the motor however is very good, everything else around it sucks. I would'nt pay 30k for one either. give it a few years to see how it holds up to the abuse.

the 2.0 is a different block from the 2.5. The 2.0 they threw in the dsm and an updated version I think is in things like the lancers. the 2.5 was a joint chrysler/mitsu kind of venture, and it wound up in some small cars and also in chrysler minivans. it was a POS.

Any Mitsu engineers on this board that can help these guys out?

Maybe we should move this thread over to their board.... :D

from gus mahon's site:

"Here's her story:

In September of 1988 I purchased a new 1989 Dodge Caravan with the 2.5 turbo 1 motor. It's best quarter mile was 16.5, on a cold night. I threw in Mobil 1 oil, @ stuck on a K@N air filter. My muffler man welded a 2.5" exhaust pipe onto the back of the cat, with the cat acting as the muffler. At New England Dragway Mean Mini cut a 2.437 60' time, and 16.182 @ 84.11 mph. "

chrysler found -some- kind of 2.5 to turbo. I had the voyager with an NA 2.5. I have been assuming for ages that the 2.5 with the turbo is the same as the 2.5 without, just beefed up a little. Anyway, there -was- a turbo 2.5 available for a bunch of chrsyler cars. you've made me wonder who made it though.

Ahhh, here it is.

"Though most wanted a V6, Chrysler would not have one ready for years - the first vans had the new 2.2 liter four, starting at 86 hp and eventually rising to 93, and an optional Mitsubishi 2.6. A 2.5 liter turbo later became optional, and the 2.2 was replaced by the closely-related but more torquey 2.5. The 2.5 turbo was an interesting option, since the transmission tended to shift very quickly, so that the engine only reached full power when the driver floored the gas. A manual transmission was available with the turbo engine, but minivans equipped that way are quite rare - and valued by enthusiasts."

My bad. The turbo is a 'chryslerbishi' motor (mostly chrylser, as an alternative to the NA v6 that mitsu made, since chrysler didn't have a v6 coming to the table soon enough). The 2.5L that mitsu DID make that was NA -was- a POS though, and I'll hate mitsu forever for that one motor.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those 2.6 mitsu turbo motors....I actually owned a Conquest that had that motor! it was basically a truck motor. the 2.5 is a dodge motor, that was used in Omni GLH and the turbo minivans, some other "Shelby" turbo cars. I've seen the "Mean Mini" run 12's off that 2.5 T dodge motor, unfortunately that guy has passed away :( RIP