Front 35mm hollow sway bar weight

gusszgs

Has anyone weighted say the Hotchkis front hollow sway bar to the stock one?
Is there a significant weight savings going to this bar?
Thanks

Don't let weight dictate your purchase for a street car. I am using the thicker F body front swaybar in mine. Just make more power....

Well, if I can install a better bar that is lighter, in my eyes that's a win win. Wouldn't you agree?

Well, if I can install a better bar that is lighter, in my eyes that's a win win. Wouldn't you agree?

Definitely. My response was more driven towards the weight difference not being significant enough either way, and a lesser option would get the nod due to it being lighter. But either way, retaining the swaybar is by far the best choice for a street car regardless of what you choose. All the best.

My understanding is the f body bar is approx 1/2 the weight of the factory bar. Really don't see why the Hotchkis one wouldn't be of the same weight savings. I was considering the Hotchkis one because I've read guys having issues installing the f body bar not fitting quite right.

I have a Suspension Techniques front bar that came with my car when I bought it. I can weigh it tonight after work. I weighed it once before and I believe it was 27lbs .

My understanding is the f body bar is approx 1/2 the weight of the factory bar. Really don't see why the Hotchkis one wouldn't be of the same weight savings. I was considering the Hotchkis one because I've read guys having issues installing the f body bar not fitting quite right.

Your right. The mounting brackets was the issue when mounting the F body sway bar on. A lot of guys were trying to fit a thicker bar in using the factory brackets which was like seeing a fat chick in tight jeans, it just can't contain all of that..... I'm not sure which bracket I have because I bought mine years ago on this board and it came with the correct ones that fit the swaybar properly.