front bumper resto

PSU 98

Hey guys, posted this over in the Restoration forum but figured I would get more response in here.
Are the rub strip pieces easy to remove and reuse? I have the front bumper off the car now and would like to paint/powdercoat it but don't want to fork out another $200+ to replace these. It looks like there are some plastic studs and cheap fasteners holding it on that could be easy to break.

I removed and reinstalled mine with no incidents. I powdercoated my front bumper also. Gloss black inside and out. It looks better than new. When removing you could "lightly" pry upwards on the speed nuts while unscrewing them. Use some oil to make things go easier. Then snug those speednuts down when reinstalling the rub strip. They will strip on the plastic stud if you crank on them and like tbone said, might break the stud too. Just tight enough that it sits flush to the bumper. You have to put it on before the impact bar anyhow so you can do it carefully on the bench.

Yep they should be 11mm speed nuts. Just pry the summer strip up and they will come right off. Then the impact guards have a 10mm bolt holding the rubber strip on them. Just pry them up and twist them off.