Front bumper Rub Strip

Bad Buick

GN Obsessed
I just purchased a new front bumper rub strip for my 87 GN. The one I am recieving has the white painted stripe applied. What procedure is the best to remove the white painted stripe? Ive read to use a solvent. Which one will not damage the rubber. Ive also read to use a compressed air gun. I know these rub strips are available without the white, actually Ive heard that they all come with the white, it's said the white is "professionally removed". How are they doing this? I want it to look perfect, like it was never there. Any detailed help would be appreciated. Thanks Dave

I just removed the white stripe from both front and rear new bumper strips last week. I used a small flat head screw driver and then a shop vac to clean off the loose chips. It worked just fine for me and took me less than 45 mins. I was going to use a power washer but the stripes came off so easily with the small screw driver I didn't even bother with the power washer.

i was told when i bought mine to use a car wash wand (high pressure) actually i was surprised how easily it came off. you can actually take your fingernail and it flakes off. if i had a regular regal that required the white stripe i would have been pissed.....(and yes it is GM) still available from buick.

I got a piece of flexible plastic, about 1/16" thick, and filed it down to fit the groove, then used it to scrape off the white paint in the groove. As all the guys here said, the paint comes off very easy. Then vacuum up the chips. Even a strong bristle brush can remover the stripe. Won't harm the bumper strip.

Bruce '87 Grand National