Front Mount Intercooler?

Oh no, I did not mean to get the Cottons Crew started up.

I plainly said they are similar in size, not exact. But a few inches on bar and plate show minimal gains in the tunnel, only if its in the depth of the core will you see something substatial.

As far as comparisions to CAS, first try to get me Jacks flow numbers and then I will show you CAS's. Maybe he'll just copy CAS's flow sheet and pass that off as his own also?
(Asking for trouble on that one) ;)
There are tons of guys already on here who showed MAT temps whomping on PTE and sorry to say Jacks would be part of that.
It has nothing to do with the vendors, but the cores.

I would of kept the PTE

(CAS moved 2 weeks ago and his computer and phone have been offline)

Originally posted by Spoolinup
Oh no, I did not mean to get the Cottons Crew started up.

I plainly said they are similar in size, not exact. But a few inches on bar and plate show minimal gains in the tunnel, only if its in the depth of the core will you see something substatial.

As far as comparisions to CAS, first try to get me Jacks flow numbers and then I will show you CAS's. Maybe he'll just copy CAS's flow sheet and pass that off as his own also?
(Asking for trouble on that one) ;)
There are tons of guys already on here who showed MAT temps whomping on PTE and sorry to say Jacks would be part of that.
It has nothing to do with the vendors, but the cores.

I would of kept the PTE

(CAS moved 2 weeks ago and his computer and phone have been offline)
Didnt he move about 8m months ago to some new massive place and then it was said there will be no wait for the V4...:cool: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by 1970gsx
Wow next issue? They did that test last year at Cecil County. :eek:

Yeah, what's up with that? I was there when they did it. Though it would of been published long ago:confused:

-Banning.

cooling effect

Update on cooling on my ATR, recorded on the 3rd pull, MAT went from 84 degrees at 47 mph to 129 degrees at 107 mph. Outside temp 75 degrees. Keep in mind this was the 3rd pull in five minutes, same trip around the block.

Depends mostly on what fuel you are using. I just did another blast, 1st pull MAT 79 degrees to 117 degrees @ 105 MPH. Outside temp 78 degrees. 18-19# boost

I personally know someone that has run 8.90's with an older Precision frontmountand the 3" aluminum pipes.

-Banning.

Interesting topic we have here, as much as I prefer not to post to these sort of things, I'm putting my common sense in the closet for a few minutes. First off, I agree, at the level of performance Jason is talking about, I don't see any real performance gains, either way. The reason I prefer my IC over others, and I have sold and used them alllllll, is because of the ability to allow air to the full dimensions of the radiator. Hopefully allowing for better cooling in most conditions. The rest of the design of my IC was based on my experience with all the other available units out there that I have used MYSELF.
Mr Spoolnup, (don't know your name)I have heard about enough of your accusations. You have a right to your opinion and I to mine. But lets get the facts straight, I wasn't aware Tony originated the frt mnt IC, if that's the case then I guess I copied him. If not, who did Tony copy? There are many frt mnt IC's for our cars and others, did we all copy Tony? My experience with all of them led to my design, because I took a little bit of what I liked from them all to come up with the finished product. cast elbows, so they won't crush, pipes that really do fit, the best available core, and I must add, the most expensive, and dimensions that allow for a great fit and easy installation. If thats copying Tony, than what did I miss? Do I say mine is the best one out there because I make it, H-ll no, I say it because it is. I spoke with Darryl when he did his testing, lets just say his results backed up my claims, otherwise I wouldn't be saying it.
Justin, great picture, it says and shows alot,if someone wants to open their eyes. Not an inch of wasted space. As for the price, $500 more? no Jesse, I think you miscalculated, $1079 minus $900.00 plus for a PTE does not add up to 500. Thanks for trying though.

hello Jack. i saw your IC pic and of all the ones ive seen before i like it the most simply b/c it fills the whole grille area which would make sense for the cooling issues. what where the differences in cooling in your unit vs others? btw, do you know at about what psi the motor will start to detonate on 93 octane w/my mods and 50#'ers?

Originally posted by JCotton
Interesting topic we have here, as much as I prefer not to post to these sort of things, I'm putting my common sense in the closet for a few minutes. First off, I agree, at the level of performance Jason is talking about, I don't see any real performance gains, either way. The reason I prefer my IC over others, and I have sold and used them alllllll, is because of the ability to allow air to the full dimensions of the radiator. Hopefully allowing for better cooling in most conditions. The rest of the design of my IC was based on my experience with all the other available units out there that I have used MYSELF.
Mr Spoolnup, (don't know your name)I have heard about enough of your accusations. You have a right to your opinion and I to mine. But lets get the facts straight, I wasn't aware Tony originated the frt mnt IC, if that's the case then I guess I copied him. If not, who did Tony copy? There are many frt mnt IC's for our cars and others, did we all copy Tony? My experience with all of them led to my design, because I took a little bit of what I liked from them all to come up with the finished product. cast elbows, so they won't crush, pipes that really do fit, the best available core, and I must add, the most expensive, and dimensions that allow for a great fit and easy installation. If thats copying Tony, than what did I miss? Do I say mine is the best one out there because I make it, H-ll no, I say it because it is. I spoke with Darryl when he did his testing, lets just say his results backed up my claims, otherwise I wouldn't be saying it.
Justin, great picture, it says and shows alot,if someone wants to open their eyes. Not an inch of wasted space. As for the price, $500 more? no Jesse, I think you miscalculated, $1079 minus $900.00 plus for a PTE does not add up to 500. Thanks for trying though.
I guess we are both wrong:D I had heard your FM was $1,300.00 and the PTE unit is now $799.00. Shoot me, you know I would buy yours if I was in need or didn't have the V2. FWIW my V2's elbows are crushed a little and my pipe fitments were at times a pain.

I have some money left to spend on a few things and am considering a bigger turbo and injectors and getting a FM. I would like to know which one to get also. thats why I have been following this thread. Sure seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions out there. I am still scratchin my head!:confused:

if i had money to spend i would go w/the JC unit just b/c it is so big and looks awesome but that is just my opinion:D

Hey Jack its nice to see you come on and defend your products, because theirs lots of smoke out there about intercoolers, help us here on yours.

What core do you use?

"Do I say mine is the best one out there because I make it, H-ll no, I say it because it is".

Elaborate on what it flowed in the tunnel with 350 degrees running through it. If you can not than how do you come to these statements?

All the front mounts will do really well on our buicks, but its not hard to get the REAL info if you stick it in a flow tunnel.

By the way, how come your not selling the CAS IC anymore?

spoolinup....tell me who's IC has beter flow #s in a tunnel??? You can't because 1 IC has been flowed in a tunnel. Just because TD flowed his in a tunnel doesn't mean now everyone who makes an intercooler has to spend the money to have it tested. I never diputed your claims, i disputed that you came to a conclusion with no comparitive information and stated them as fact. What if Spearco had flowed Jack's IC and came up with a #, and Tony had not yet done his?? I guess that would make Jack's better by your thinking?? How come TD never "wind tunel" flowed his IC's before?? If TD wants to prove his IC isthe best with wind tunnel tests, maybe he shoulda brougt his competitors IC's to compare them to.

Before you bash every vendor's IC and call them inferior to a CAS unit, lets have your test results that prove the CAS unit is the best. What track tests have you done??

Very well said GNSCOTT!!!!! I came in to posting this thread because I was not sure about what intercooler to go with. I have realized that ever one has there own option and most are full of it!!! It is total BS that people through SH_T around without saying much useful. What I have gotten out of this is that it comes down to there word. I know for a fact that Jack is VERY honest and knowledgeable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I’m going to him for ALL my parts. Thanks to all of you with real points and as for all the rest, justify your argument, and please no more mud slinging.

Jason

posted by V8killer
Thanks to all of you with real points and as for all the rest, go F…….off.
Dam! Thats pretty harsh. Even us innocent bystanders?
You should at least thrown in a couple of smiley's:D :D

I have one of Jack's IC and i couldn't even say its the best. I have no proof to back it up. I do know it handles 9.5 @ 140 something mph on Jacks car, and i know PTE has had a bunch of cars in that range (being out as long as it has). Are you saying (spoolinup) that you are guaranteeing these cars would all pick up better times if they just switched to a V1???

Originally posted by Spoolinup
Hey Jack its nice to see you come on and defend your products, because theirs lots of smoke out there about intercoolers, help us here on yours.

What core do you use?

"Do I say mine is the best one out there because I make it, H-ll no, I say it because it is".

Elaborate on what it flowed in the tunnel with 350 degrees running through it. If you can not than how do you come to these statements?

All the front mounts will do really well on our buicks, but its not hard to get the REAL info if you stick it in a flow tunnel.

By the way, how come your not selling the CAS IC anymore?

What kind of times does your car run?