Front mount intercoolers..

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
ok so we agree that a lil over 700 hp at the crank is about as far as you can keep the heads on a stock block if the bottom stays together

so why on a car with a motor only capable of making very little more power than what I make need a i/c for a 800+ hp motor ?

like I said I'm nowhere near out of intercooler if so then it would atleast warm my uppipe up duran a 133 mph pass thru the 1/4 but yet I can stop at the ticket booth after a run and my uppipe is cool to touch :)

I just think your car would go faster if you changed over to a FM intercooler like the PTE or Cotton's but that's only my opinion and we know what they say about opinions;) :D

Your car is hauling ass for what it has so I guess the Powerstroke FM can't be all that bad......

Ok then here is the big picture...Im sooner or later going stage II so which FM intercooler do I go with??????? Cottons, Precision, Cas V1-(If I can get one)??Any input would help...Thanks :confused:

VERY EASY ANSWER

THE VENDOR--------------------------------------

Jack Cotton.

Legendary "extra-mile" Customer Service.

www.cottonsperformance.com

THE INTERCOOLER------------------------------

Largest FM.

Least restrictive (regarding keeping motor temps down).

Rated #1 by the Source, in the only major unit-to-unit Intercooler
comparison.
=============================

HTH

86 brick......its going to be hard to find someone that has the money for a 9 sec car but gets the inexpensive IC??? but i also have the PS IC and know for a fact that i will run out of motor b4 i have the need for a $1000 intercooler.

Re: FM Intercoolers

Originally posted by troym55
Hey Guys I just spoke to CAS, And they seemed ok w/cust service. And just to let you know you can still get the V1.....:confused:

That is a Joke right:rolleyes:

I have a V1 bought off a board member. Biggest, Baddest I have seen. Ck my sig for pictures:eek:

Originally posted by turbonatr
Anyone have a pic of Cotton's FMIC along with some details on it?

Boardmember "Intercooler" had some great shots of his, including installation. Might want to shoot him a PM.

HTH :)

Originally posted by troym55
OK Sold on Cottons, He will be getting a call tomorrow...Thanks...:D

That's great...you'll be very glad you did, and very pleased & proud with your IC! :)

:cool:
Just to clarify the current PTE pricing & type of cores used on the Front Mount Intercoolers:

1.) The New Retail Price for the PTE Front Mount is $ 895.00 as stated in my post in the vendors section.

2.) They have been Updated from the previously used Spearco Cores, to the new Garrett Cores.

Joe
PTE
219-996-7832
joe@precisionturbo.net

Originally posted by Joe Lubrant
:cool:
Just to clarify the current PTE pricing & type of cores used on the Front Mount Intercoolers:

1.) The New Retail Price for the PTE Front Mount is $ 895.00 as stated in my post in the vendors section.

2.) They have been Updated from the previously used Spearco Cores, to the new Garrett Cores.

Joe
PTE
219-996-7832
joe@precisionturbo.net

Thanks for the info Joe!:) :cool:

Also-can you still run a AC condenser with either the cottons ,precision or cas v1? thanks

my last outing I went 14 passes back to back and never even shut the car down between most of the runs and woulda run more had the tranny not broke

Wow. What was your trans temp during these runs?

:confused: I have no idea what the tranny temp was but running the car between runs will cool it much better than cutting it off and not circulating the fluid thru the cooler

It worked perfect on every pass till it broke the intermediate shaft off the drum ..pulled it down and all the clutches and fluid looked good...replaced the drum and put it back together.

It depends on how long you let it sit between runs.:) You running an external cooler with a fan?