Frustrated...

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
Everytime I head out for a ride in the GN, I can never find anyone to have some fun with.

Sunday night, I was out and about the greater Long Branch area on Ocean blvd. just farting around. There was no one out really so I pulled into the left turn only lane going to make a u and head home. figured that as soon as i got there, some dumbass in a 98 camaro 6 cyl with exhaust tips and rims pulls up next to me and eyes up the beast. unfortunatley there was nothing i could do as i was stuck to make the left so i just went about my way. i would have killed this dude anyway. I pull into ming ying, next to a 95 mustang gt, so my friend can grab some chinese food and i wait in the car. i see the driver of the gt looking at me from inside, but nothing else. while im there some guy turns the corner in a loud 88 yellow mustang and stops dead behind me in the street. he revs at me, so i rev back and he pulls into the lot, so i think hes gonna call me out. as soon as he pulls in, another loud mustang drives by and revs at both of us, but he just kept driving up the street to the 7-11. but the yellow guys girlfriend just gets out and picks up a pizza from next door and they leave. the guy revved at me again, then just left. i probably should have followed him and tried to punk him into a race, but my friend was still inside and he would have killed me. this is my luck. nobody wants to play with me.

Me too

I can do everything in my power to try to play and i get nothing. I only get play when i am driving in my 93 dodge caravan and i cant take getting stomped by 10 car lengths. Then my dad takes the car up to get gas and comes back with a race almost everytime (WHAT THE FICK):mad: . Someday i will get a play and finally feel what the death machine can pull up against street cars. Best of luck on ur ventures in sinful driving:D

I know what you mean. Ever since I did the recent mods to my GN and had it repainted, and got it runnin pretty good, I can't find anybody to race either. When I first did the turbo and #50 inj. I didn't have the right chip and it would just die in 2nd. gear when I would get on it. Had a rustang and a vette want to run me and I knew the GN wouldn't do nothing against them. I since have installed the chip I got from Jim Testa and that it's runnin good, I can't buy a race, and the weather is gettin cold, GN's LOVE cold weather. Oh well, maybe next year, cars going into storage for the winter tomorrow. :( :(
Tarey D.:)

I'm telling ya......Just about everytime i'm in the "everyday" beater, I run by every type of "muscle"car(modern & classic). But when i'm the 'T' there's nothing but everyday ****!! I thought it was just me, but I see quite a few others that have this same exact "problem".;) Go figure.

oh trust me i NEVER see cool cars when i drive the GN...but ever since i put it away for the winter last week i have seen 10 cars that were worth to play with...and what was i driving? the 91 gmc sierra v6 :rolleyes: :mad:

WHEN i do race someone on the street (rare) i show no mercy with anyone...when i am ahead by 5 car lengths it just isn't enough for me and when i get to the point where i can't see their headlights...that's when i shut down:p

yall are absolutely right

i dont get it :confused: never, never does anyone want to race me in my car, ive had it since 1998 and besides the street races, the only impromptu races ive ever had were maybe 5 ricers not worth my time and about 10 or so cars WAY out of my league.. blown cobras, foxes, LS1's with 125 shots, vettes, etc.

it makes no sense. of course once i hop into my friends car, bam everyone wants to race him. hell when i had a v6 mustang rental car for a month i had everyone wanting to race me!

but in my car, nope, nothing!

maybe they are scared of the open downpipe? :-D

dam guys i feel bad... when my monte was on the road for 3 days b4 i had some problems i raced about 11 cars and could find a race jus about anywhere

Originally posted by BoostedBug
Glad I live in the south...Putting my toy away for the winter would kill me.

I heard that Steve! I daily drive my TR excluding the weekends for the most part. Weather is really never a factor here in the deep south. Are you bringing your car to Reynolds next weekend? I'd love to see it. I'll have mine there.