FS: 91 LC2 Firebird

91Bird305

'91 Pontiac Firebird w/ LC2 (Grand National motor) swap

Motor details
1987 Buick Grand National 3.8L Turbocharged V6 (bored 20 over)
-GT6776s turbo
-212/212 Roller Camshaft
-Billet Center / Front Main Caps
-Ported/Polished Stock Iron Heads
-Port Matched Intake (Thermal Coated)
-Diamond Forged Pistons (Thermal Coated)
-Higher Oil Volume Front Timing Cover
-LT1 Starter
-ARP Bolts / Studs
-BeCool Radiator w/ dual fan setup

Exhaust
Downpipe is a 3" Terry Houston modified by Mike Mizzi & Stenod Peformance.
Coated Exhaust Manifolds
Intercooler piping is all 3"
Everything was coated by QC Coatings
3" Electric Cut Out

Read End
Dana 60 from Strange Engineering
3:52 Gear Ratio
Disc Brake Conversation

Suspension
-Spohn Sway Bars
-Spohn Adj. Torque Arm
-Spohn Adj. Panhard Bar
-Spohn Front End Rebuild Kit
-KYB Gas-a-just shocks / GR2 Struts (air bags in the rear soon)
-Spohn Subframe Connectors
-Lakewood LCA's
-Eibach Pro Kit Spring
-M/T ET Street radials 255/50/16
-Hawk HPS Front/Rear Brake Pads
-Rear Ls1 brakes

Transmission
-Pro-Built 700r4
-CK Performance 10 1/2" 3500 Stall
-B&M Racing Trans Cooler
-Polyurethane Mount
-TransGo Shift Kit
-Corvette servos
-Custom Dynotech Driveshaft

Others:
-Walbro 340 w/ Hotwire Kit
-Accufab 65mm Throttle Body / Plenum w/ RJC Powerplate
-72lb Seimens Injectors
-LS1 Maf w/ Translator +
-Extender Extreme Chip from FullThrottleSpeed.com
-Alkcontrol Methanol Setup
-BBK CAI
-Billet AFPR
-Greddy ProFec B Spec II Boost Controller
-Scanmaster II
-LC1 Gauge
-Autometer Cobalt Series Boost Gauge
-Custom Made FMIC from Stenodperformance.com
-4th gen style hood
-Black 16x9 GTA Wheels

Has AC compressor installed but just needs the AC lines ran.

Issues:
- Small rip in the back seat side speaker cover
- Small rip in the driver seat on the door side. Will probably just sew this up myself
- Leather glove box needs to be re-sewn at the bottom. No visible tear but you can feel it if you put your hand down there
- Need AC lines ran. Doesn't keep car from running obviously

Mid 11 second street car. Made 467hp/464tq @ 19lbs Obviously has more boost you can throw at it. I just never pushed it that hard to get the numbers

Drives great. Beautiful sound when the boost comes up. :)

This was my car since I was 17. Started out with a 305 TBI. In college, after speaking to some car friends and some help from someone who was going to a stage II motor in their Buick Grand National, I decided to swap in an LC2. The car ended up making 467hp/464tq on the dyno. It had a small piece about it in Pontiac Enthusiasts magazine when they came to see Stenod's shop.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvizQ761W7I[/YOUTUBE]

Recently I've decided to move on from doing the car thing for awhile and start a new hobby. Obviously I stored this car every winter and took very good care of it throughout the years.

Big thank you to the following people and shops that helped me with my car throughout the year.

- Mike Mizzi and his brother for the motor swap and fabrication work. You guys did an amazing job
- Stenod Performance for their amazing fabrication work and talking me into that Dana 60. :)
- Engineered Victories for the dyno and transmission work
- Victory Racing for their awesome help throughout the years when I couldn't figure something out and for their amazing tuning work when I needed it most
- LTLHomer for helping me out in the garage when I needed it
- Ryelou for the great deals on the tires
- All of my car friends from all the different sites I've been on throughout the years (MM, TB, TGO..)

And anyone else that's helped me with the car that I forgot over the 15+ years I've owned it.

garageattachment.jpg

garageattachment1.jpg

garageattachment5.jpg

garageattachment2.jpg

garageattachment4.jpg

garageattachment3.jpg

Small Video

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xP73osWaSE[/YOUTUBE]

Feel free to contact me via email (Turbo91Bird@yahoo.com) or by PM.

Looking for $9,000

People were asking for interior photos. See below.

I removed the cup hold from the drivers side because my foot kept hitting it.

20110321174451489.jpg

20110321174506503.jpg

2011032117461796.jpg

20110321174649253.jpg

The seat rip and back seat rip
20110321174707541.jpg

20110321174724567.jpg

I think this is a whole lot of car for the money, can't go wrong! I'd buy this myself if I didn't have five already.

Good luck with the sale, someone is gonna be happy

I haven't had anyone come out yet. I've been responding to people via email about the gauge cluster.

I included this post on my first thread but forgot to post it here. See below.

I backed the car out of the garage yesterday from winter storage and noticed I had missed something. (been awhile I guess)

I was working on an electrical issue right before I put it in storage. Something is grounding out under the dash and causing me to blow a gauge cluster fuse on startup. I'm thinking about just driving it over to Joe (Duke) on MM and have him handle it professionally. I apologize in advanced. I plan on fixing this before the car is sold.

Just making everyone aware. Not a major issue, but I don't want to leave anything out in the description.

So I'm waiting for it to come back from the electrical people before I have anyone look at it. I don't want to waste anyone's time. :)

Would love to do this project to an 87 IROC that I have sitting in my garage. What a sleeper that would be. GLWS. Seems like a good price for what you are getting. Are you sure you aren't going to regret selling her later on? I still have my first car from high school and I would never sell it. Too many good memories. :biggrin:

Can you lower the price? i m a little out of budget..Bill

Sorry, no. I'm pretty firm on the price.

Dave, I emailed you back just now. Thanks.

Should be coming back from the electrical guy in the next couple days. I'll send out emails to everyone interested when it's back home.

Wow it's the end of an era. It's crazy to think how long its been since we were arguing on the TGO tbi forum :biggrin: Now I'm back in one and you are selling yours. Good luck on the new hobbies. I'm sure you'll be back eventually.

That is a whole lot of car for the price.

Haha, no kidding Pablo. To think through all those years we still managed to buy similar cars on accident. :lol:

Just got the car back today. Gauges back to normal (except the speedo needs to be recalibrated).

I'll be emailing everyone that got with me. I should be available next week to have people come over to see it.