Fuel Gage stopped working..is there a fuse?

tonysmach

Is there a fuse to the fuel gage? It just stopped working. Any ideas how to begin finding problem?

Is there a fuse to the fuel gage? It just stopped working. Any ideas how to begin finding problem?

Describe "stopped working". Does it read empty all the time, full or over full all the time, stuck in the middle somewhere?

I put gas in it and still reads empty. It was working fine but one day I get in and start it up and gauge does not move, stays on empty.

Mine also quit working it reads over full all the time. I checked the grounds on the tank but that didn't fix it

If the gage reads over full all the time there is most likely an open wire between the gage and the sending unit in the tank or the sending unit itself is bad. If it reads empty all the time it could be a short to ground in the wire between the gage and the tank sending unit or a shorted sending unit, could be the float is stuck, or there is no power to the gage. Try disconnecting the sender wire back at the tank and see if the gage reads over full. If it does then the problem is in the tank. If it still reads empty then the problem is a shorted wire between the gage and the pump or there is no power to the gage.

I may have somehow disconnected the power to the fuel gage when I was installing Razor's Alky kit. I pulled the dash to insert the low fuel light to the Alky tank.

I may have somehow disconnected the power to the fuel gage when I was installing Razor's Alky kit. I pulled the dash to insert the low fuel light to the Alky tank.

Try cleaning the plastic circuit board strip connectors with a pencil eraser or see if one of them bent to the side a little upon installation.

mikestertwo's got the good, basic info you need to narrow it down, but if you were messing around some part of the system, I'd look at that area first.