Fuel line question

BMFBUICK

Kinked fuel line while trying to change fuel filter on my 87 Buick GN, from tank to inlet. Can I replace fuel line with flexable braided stainless or is their a trick to getting the hard lines in without kinking them and having to remove the exhaust. I have not bought either line. Which do you guys suggest would be easiest.

I like the braided stuff. It's easier to install and it won't kink or rust. I personally like the looks of it better as well.

Braided

2nd on the bandit's response. Braided in my opinion is easier to install under the circumstances you are facing.

Get a Dorman Fuel line repair kit and a short piece of fuel injection rated rubber hose and double clamp it.

Neverseize the OD of the tube so the nut slides over it and just a dab on the threads so they neverseize. :cool:

Part number 800-153 should have what you need.

You can use the compression fitting instead of the hose if you want to.

If you have an inch or two out of the stock fitting after cutting out the bad part you can use fuel injection hose over that to the good part of the line.

Then plan out the replacement lines if needed at your leisure. :smile:

If... you do go with ss braided hose, I recommend the teflon-lined hose. I made the mistake of replacing the fuel line (on another car) with non-teflon lined. Believe it or not, the hose smelled like gas. It wasn't just in one spot, it was the whole length of the hose. This was name-brand hose (Russell). Teflon-lined cured this.

Teflon

Further more teflon is compatible with E85 if you so chose to run later.

If... you do go with ss braided hose, I recommend the teflon-lined hose. I made the mistake of replacing the fuel line (on another car) with non-teflon lined. Believe it or not, the hose smelled like gas. It wasn't just in one spot, it was the whole length of the hose. This was name-brand hose (Russell). Teflon-lined cured this.