Fuel pressure drops to zero

Grunk

Hi,
need some suggestions. Recently went out to start the WE4. I noticed it took an extra long time to crank.
It finally started but I was suspicious so I check the fP guage. Car would barely maintain 30 psi with the car running. Goose the throttle and maybe 35. This was with a 237 reg.

0) put in a new fuel filter. No help.
1) Do the easy swap first. Swapped out the FP regulator. No change. However now the car would not even prime.
2) Decided to drop the tank and swap in the stock Fuel pump. I had a 15 year old Red 92 pump.
3) Dropped the tank did the swap put the pump in go and prime the system and FP goes to 50.
The fp regulator I swapped in was an adjustable one and have not used it before anyway I thought problem solved. I kept the same fuel sock.
4) The stock fuel pump is pumping fuel and there is 1/4 tank of gas.
With the old failing pump prime the system got to 30 psi. New pump goes to 40 psi but the pressure drops right back to zero. Car will run but seems like the original problem losing fp while running. Only stays at 31.

I smell or see no fuel leaks on the rail, regulator, filter or tank.
Oil level looks normal no fuel smell in oil

I think I will go back to the 237 regulator. After that I would suspect the injectors but they were cleaned a few years <1000 miles ago.

So am I missing something? What else would send the FP back to zero?
Thanks
Rob