fuel pressure gauge

marcus jul

I know the fuel rail gauge is inaccurate, and i don't want a hood mount. What else have everyone done.

I know the fuel rail gauge is inaccurate, and i don't want a hood mount. What else have everyone done.
Autometer has an electric fuel pressure gauge, other than that I'm not sure. You can mount the sensor on the fuel rail and run the wires to a gauge inside the car.

Attachments

• download (5).jpg
    download (5).jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 136
You can run a hood gauge that mounts like the one Mark H sells. I just have mine laying by the master cylinder in the engine bay when I drive on the street. Then when I go to the track, I just mount it. Simple 4 screws. Or you can do like the above post.

There is a cowl mount gauge as well. Gauge connects to the fuel rail via a hose, place it under the drivers side wiper when viewing or tuck next to master cylinder when not in use as gusszgs mentioned above.
Mine has a black section of foam for the gauge and hose to go into similar to water pipe insulation to protect the wiper arm and windshield.

IMG_3674.PNG

You wouldn't necessarily need a gauge at all. Throw a pressure transducer on it and use your power logger. You can set it up using an empty port on the external block. Will record it with your logs or just monitor it when needed.

I have an electric fuel pressure gauge (Auto Meter) which I mounted in a pod below the radio along with three other gauges... see picture below… (fuel pressure gauge is second from the left).

Claude :)
DSCN4810.JPG