Fuel pump Question

turbobeast707

1. if im running a walbro 340 fuel pump can it handle 80# injectors or do i need to upgrade my pump?

2. can you put an inline flow through fuel pump and use it with the 340 if necessary?
thanks
Isaac

i have a buddy using a 340 & yes hes also using a frame mount flow thru fuel pump with it but i think his injectors are 60 instead of 80 but of course im not saying 80 wont work with that combo, im just not sure!

O, haha ok.. Well i just got my hands on a walbro pump but i dont know what size flow it is, it just has a bunch of #'s on it, does anyone know how i can identify it??

Ur fuel pump should be fine with those injectors but for a in line pump I probably would not do that if u need more go to a double pumper it just depends on ur mods

it really depends on how much fuel your engine uses, but let's see what 80's are capable of....
at 100% duty cycle, you'd have 6 injectors pushing 80 lbs./hr. = 480 lbs./hr (assuming optimum performance of the injectors)
If gasoline weighs 6.073 lbs/gallon, that's 79.038 gallons per hour.
79.038 gallons = 299.16 liters.
Your injectors are capable of flowing 299 liters per hour. If your motor can gobble up all that fuel.

If you only run at max of 80% duty cycle, then your motor will be consuming 239 LPH of gasoline.

You can cheat a little by increasing voltage to the pump. The more volts that go to it, the bigger the flow increase.

based on the numbers above, I wouldn't plan on pushing those 80's to 100% IDC with just one 255 LPH pump. Remember these are theoretical numbers too. The real world includes variables that aren't accounted for in my calculation above. Maybe a 340 LPH, 416 LPH, or double-pumper is in your future!!!

Do you have a powerlogger or a way to measure your injector duty cycle? Better safe than sorry as far as fuel supply goes.

1. if im running a walbro 340 fuel pump can it handle 80# injectors or do i need to upgrade my pump?

2. can you put an inline flow through fuel pump and use it with the 340 if necessary?
thanks
Isaac
Search our site for "walbro 340" tons of info here... FWIW, its a mathmatical equation. 80's can support around 800 hp (on gas) The 340 pump supports (guess) 700 hp. How much hp are you expecting to make?

its a stock motor besides some bolt on's. . been 12.35 best run. Looking for 11.95 but currently have a head gasket issue so top end is off!