Fuel sending unit

jk kelly

My aftermarket cyber dyne fuel gauge shows full all the time , I bought a new one and same thing. How can I tell if my sending unit is bad?

Ground the gauge sense wire to the body back at the fuel tank. It the gauge goes to "empty" then the problem is with the sending unit or wiring to it at the tank. If it stays at full then the problem is most likely with the gauge wiring or the gauge itself.

Ground the gauge sense wire to the body back at the fuel tank. It the gauge goes to "empty" then the problem is with the sending unit or wiring to it at the tank. If it stays at full then the problem is most likely with the gauge wiring or the gauge itself.
Thanks a lot !! It went to empty, so I guess I will be dropping my tank

I went to kirbans to buy a sending unit and it said that a analog would not work on a digital dash... I don't know if my car has a digital sending unit or analog, when I bought the car someone has installed all digital gauges, cyber dyne ice blue gauges... I don't know if it was once originally analog or digital.. Any suggestions?is there a way to tell if it had digital gauges or analog

Analog senders will work in place of the digital sender, but not the other way around. The difference you will see is, when the tank is full, it will show maybe 13 or 14 gallons instead of "F". When empty, it will be accurate. The accuracy increases as the fuel level decreases. Basically, it will lie to you and tell you that you have less fuel than you actually have. That's probably a good thing.

The digital dash cars require a 120 ohm sender, while the analog dash cars use 90 ohms. That's a 25% difference when the tank is full.

Analog senders will work in place of the digital sender, but not the other way around. The difference you will see is, when the tank is full, it will show maybe 13 or 14 gallons instead of "F". When empty, it will be accurate. The accuracy increases as the fuel level decreases. Basically, it will lie to you and tell you that you have less fuel than you actually have. That's probably a good thing.

The digital dash cars require a 120 ohm sender, while the analog dash cars use 90 ohms. That's a 25% difference when the tank is full.
Thanks a lot !! Very good info.