Full Throttle HV Front Cover

turbobuickman

Ive read about a few problems with the front covers from Full Throttle, specifically the blocked passages and the cover itself being too long and extending past the block. What are everyones experiences with these? Have these issues been fixed? Would buying the blueprinted front cover assembly ensure that all these have been checked/corrected? Are there any other/better options for HV front cover assemblies?

Thanks

I have used lots of them and have had no issues whatsoever. I just do a little prep work to them, a few measurements and a good cleaning.

Mike sell quality pieces not junk, I can vouch for the front covers.

Just got mine in and am looking for some gaskets and otherwise putzin' around instead of working on putting the parts on the car - will let you know soon as I force myself to start wrenching.

But I can tell you that I have already found a piece of aluminum that looks like the thin disc left over from machining just sitting in one of the passages.

Getting one already "blue-printed" should take care of all the clean-up but I do not know for sure, that would be up to the one offering the cover.

I just got the part FT sells and as mentioned, it is the same cover offered by others. I recall reading something on here about covers for sale that are already "cleaned-up" or something like that.

I have bought around 7 HV front covers from Mike at Full throttle, 0 problems, great product.

HTH

Prasad

To each his own! But if a peice of casting comes loose or you have low pressure I guess you'll know why? Hey I was merely stating what I do so good luck & I hope it all works out well for you.

then at least make sure there is nothing blocked off or ready to break free - they are just castings with some post-cast machining and there are some chunks of casting in places they should not be blocking and some that are ready to break free in my case.

All the passages on any cover should be at least checked and de-burred. Its quick and easy insurance!!!:)

To each his own! But if a peice of casting comes loose or you have low pressure I guess you'll know why? Hey I was merely stating what I do so good luck & I hope it all works out well for you.

I already deburred it and checked the passages, I'm talking about drilling crap out and rerouting it. :eek:

Drilling out the one passage to 1/2" really opens it up. With cleaning up the passages & sharp turns you will have a better flowing unit for sure. I dont drill the feed hole myself but thats me. The main thing is to have tight end clearance on the gears. I just got mine down to .001 so when it heats up it will be .003 or more. Plus, for me this is half the fun of working on cars! I'm sure yours will be fine if you just use some common sense & take some measurements!

Yeah you will be fine as long as the passages are clear. It does help to open up the passages some and to radius the turns though. I do this to all my engines it helps oil flow.:biggrin: