fyi, engine sputtering

just a little info to share, my 82 caddy coupe deville with a g.n drivetrain, 200,000 miles all original gm stuff except for a chip and head work,started as a sputtering,almost a miss condition with a code 44 lean, found a l/s mani cracked, welded, still sputters, found a vacuum leak at the vacuum port on top of the t/body, changed that to an aluminum one with the gasket of course,still sputters at times, scanner readings were all over,was not going into closed loop, egr test with me pushing up showed no signs, replaced that and ran the engine with out it to make sure the ports were clear,lucky i have all new gm stuff as extras when i built this thing back in 1992,installed new, maf,fuel pump, fuel pump regulator,egr solenold,coil, ign module, delco ign wires, back to ac plugs,checked all grounds,new ecm with new stock chip,all new injectors,pcv, replaced all vacuum hoses,fuel pump relay,air temp sensor, coolant sensor,everytime i changed something it still did the same,sputters, feels like a miss or lack of fuel, smells like raw fuel out the tail pipes....the injector change did make the car rev higher ....i did every thing and refused to believe it's the crank sensor since i believed a crank sensor will work or not work...but finally gave in and installed a gm new one..guess what...it worked...i'm sure lucky i didn't have to pay for all the parts but the time and labor was exhausting...and my wife told me to get rid of that thing...she just doesn't get it...it must be a guy thing...my daily commuter is back...:wink: