G/N hotrod project

Odd_GNX -

looks like you've received plenty of positive feedback and I'd like to add mine also. You've built one *beautiful* and *wicked* car!!! looks like a flawless execution! Congrats and kudos!!!! More pics and videos please!

Rob

Read the ricer forums kill section now!

mamascivic:
I don't know, I was out in the civic today tuning my new LED washer squirters and this old Buick GN looking thing pulls up next to me. It smelled so bad, kind of like a big diesel truck. I think it was way out of tune, I thought he was going to blow his manifold right out of the floorboard! So I pull up to him at the next light and give him some of my wicked Civic Vtec power rev...the light turned green and he was gone? I did see another black car about five hundred feet in front but that couldn't have been him. I think I beat him pretty bad.

Reply from vtechnology4banger:
Good kill!!!! I have had that happen to me many times!! At first, I thought there is no way that old Buick could be that fast. I think they run in pairs, one will pull out a few hundred feet in front as soon as the race starts and the car you are racing shifts into reverse and slides backwards. Ain't no way a car that sounds like a garbage truck coming down the road could outrun you, not with your intake, leds, stickers and under car neon. Again good kill and watch out for those cheaters.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Many props to you and your car!!!!

Have you though about making your own fuel for that thing? Let us see... 1000ftlbs on home grown fuel = friggin awesome!!
When you have a chance, could you post some real high res pics of that thing. I love backgrounds of cars like that.

Nice job. The car came out killer. Glad to see a fellow DP member here.

I love the pictures with the smoke coming out both sides. Simply awesome.

Chris

mamascivic:
I don't know, I was out in the civic today tuning my new LED washer squirters and this old Buick GN looking thing pulls up next to me. It smelled so bad, kind of like a big diesel truck. I think it was way out of tune, I thought he was going to blow his manifold right out of the floorboard! So I pull up to him at the next light and give him some of my wicked Civic Vtec power rev...the light turned green and he was gone? I did see another black car about five hundred feet in front but that couldn't have been him. I think I beat him pretty bad.

Reply from vtechnology4banger:
Good kill!!!! I have had that happen to me many times!! At first, I thought there is no way that old Buick could be that fast. I think they run in pairs, one will pull out a few hundred feet in front as soon as the race starts and the car you are racing shifts into reverse and slides backwards. Ain't no way a car that sounds like a garbage truck coming down the road could outrun you, not with your intake, leds, stickers and under car neon. Again good kill and watch out for those cheaters.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Many props to you and your car!!!!

Have you though about making your own fuel for that thing? Let us see... 1000ftlbs on home grown fuel = friggin awesome!!
When you have a chance, could you post some real high res pics of that thing. I love backgrounds of cars like that.

Wow, that was so accurate, and difficult to read. I recall why I sold my imports and started real muscle cars. 6 cyl at a time!

Lookin forward to the drifting diesel videos!!

Attachments

• DSC00257.jpg
    DSC00257.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,199
  • DSC00264.jpg
    DSC00264.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,206
Ain't no way a car that sounds like a garbage truck coming down the road could outrun you, not with your intake, leds, stickers and under car neon.

Bunch of idiots!!! They believe they can't be outran because they have leds, stickers, and under car neon. Where does this logic of thinking come from?!?!?

Let's go down to our local auto parts store and get some go-fast goodies. We'll start with some stickers and leds. That will scare the pants off any GN owner since these cars are so old and they can't keep up with the new electronic import technology. The under car neon will not only make the car faster, but it will look fast sitting parked.

Sorry, I guess I don't tell ricer stories very well

Wow, that was so accurate, and difficult to read. I recall why I sold my imports and started real muscle cars. 6 cyl at a time!

Lookin forward to the drifting diesel videos!!

I start laughing while I type and that's it...the story goes to crap. Sorry:tongue:

I know some Nissan 240 driver is going to say his/her car came with a truck engine from the factory! My GN would pee on itself if odd_gnx ever lined up against me.

PURE GENIOUS! AWESOME JOB! GM should produce something like this (maybe the new 2007 GNX) to give us better mileage in these ludicris opec gas theiving times!

WOW!!!!!! Great craftsmanship! It really shows when someone thinks out their game plan. WOW!!!!

I hope she doesnt read the message board- mine doesnt, just curious what ballpark it would be in -makes a great daily driver-no one in new york has anything like yours. great piece of ingenuity!

Where in Socal are you? Looks like you have one of Archie's intercoolers..... BTW, I would love to see this car, it looks awesome!!!! I just saw a 66 Impala SS on MTV with a Duramax; and it spanked a Lamborghini Murcielago!!!!

Where in Socal are you? Looks like you have one of Archie's intercoolers..... BTW, I would love to see this car, it looks awesome!!!! I just saw a 66 Impala SS on MTV with a Duramax; and it spanked a Lamborghini Murcielago!!!!

Intercooler is custom made...I'm in Monrovia, Ca

I believe that Impala you are thinking of on MTV hboost, was highly modified so it would produce that 1000lb-ft of torque.
BTW what is the differences from the diesel powered Olds from a GN? Is the frame beefed up?
Josh

I believe that Impala you are thinking of on MTV hboost, was highly modified so it would produce that 1000lb-ft of torque.
BTW what is the differences from the diesel powered Olds from a GN? Is the frame beefed up?
Josh
the Vin Number...