Gathering In Asheville, NC

Originally posted by alphaenvirmgt
A gathering at the coast would be cool. But, someone needs to step forward and agree to set it up. We need a date, location, time, dinner reservation, etc.

Someone on the coast stepping up is not a problem.I would be more than happy to organize everything.
We have a 1/4 mile drag strip 30 minutes away--the beach is 10 minutes away.I would throw a pig pickin and pay for everything .
The problem is:::besides 3 people from Charlotte whose ass i would kick if they didn't show up(i am sure they would:D )--i would be AMAZED if anyone west of the Raleigh area showed up.

My offer is::i will throw a pig picking,pay for it and all the fixin that go with it.There are many things to do in town,anyone who wanted to stay can stay here--not sure how many i can hold-but i would try:) ,all the parking we could want,all the crown you could drink:cool: .

Maybe as the summer comes in,we can arrange it---you could call it a mini vacation at the beach

Let me know if there is any interest

Geoff

P.s.--if anyone wants to buy some msd 50's and a thumbwheel chip---let me know--i have gone bigger and no longer need these--they will be for sale in the "for sale" section soon--just thought i would throw it out to the locals first.

Conrad, Albemarle sounds good to me it's not too far from Harrisburg.

Asheville will probably be out of the picture for me unless I hitch a ride with one of those fast/F.A.S.T. cars. :D You know who you are!!??

Is anyone a still a member of the Carolinas GSCA chapter? We might want to mention it to them for invitation.

K.

Originally posted by ghall
Someone on the coast stepping up is not a problem.I would be more than happy to organize everything.
We have a 1/4 mile drag strip 30 minutes away--the beach is 10 minutes away.I would throw a pig pickin and pay for everything .
The problem is:::besides 3 people from Charlotte whose ass i would kick if they didn't show up(i am sure they would:D )--i would be AMAZED if anyone west of the Raleigh area showed up.

My offer is::i will throw a pig picking,pay for it and all the fixin that go with it.There are many things to do in town,anyone who wanted to stay can stay here--not sure how many i can hold-but i would try:) ,all the parking we could want,all the crown you could drink:cool: .

Maybe as the summer comes in,we can arrange it---you could call it a mini vacation at the beach

Geoff

P.s.--if anyone wants to buy some msd 50's and a thumbwheel chip---let me know--i have gone bigger and no longer need these--they will be for sale in the "for sale" section soon--just thought i would throw it out to the locals first.

You did mention Crown Royal in there... I saw it!! :eek: :D

You know I'm there!!

K.

Geoff,
The beach (free food, drag strip, beach) sounds good to me. Count me in. Do you have a date in mind? I'll bring my own MGD.
Conrad Carter

Geoff

Sounds good here too. We usually go down to the Kure Beach area in Aug or Sep for a little fishing.

We have a 1/4 mile drag strip 30 minutes away
The problem is:::besides 3 people from Charlotte whose ass i would kick if they didn't show up(i am sure they would:D )-

Geoff

2 things #1 what time is breakfast, #2 why don't you just go ahead & rent the track for us.;)

My wife (Linda) and I are planning on going to Asheville. Festival of Flowers is happening at Biltmore that weekend. Should be beautiful. Anyone else going?
Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC

Re: What

Originally posted by SloGN
hey guys

what is the verdict on the 23 ?

We're going to Asheville, are you coming??? I think a little road trip would be good for the new tranny.;)

Quote "My wife (Linda) and I are planning on going to Asheville. Festival of Flowers is happening at Biltmore that weekend. Should be beautiful. Anyone else going?
Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC" Quote

Yep...We'll be there:D

back to the thread......

Originally posted by vicious6
Holy Thread Jackings Butman!!! :eek:

What did you guys plan as a meeting place? The food really doesn't matter to me, just make sure they have sufficient parking, so our doors don't get bet in.:eek:

GARFEILDS?

Chantel and I went to Garfields tonight, so I asked them about a gathering and they said they could handle about 20-30 people with no problem.

Parking should not be a problem since the resturaunt is at the mall.

When the time comes I will kinda get a head count and let Garfields know how many and what time.

You guys that come have got to go to Patton Ave. afterwards! I think a group of Buicks to show up there would scare the life out of all the mustang and import weenies!! :eek: :eek:

The June date is going to be at Farmington sounds like. Why don't we make a beech trip for May when the weather warms up a bit? Which beach is it? As previously stated I think we need to try and centrally locate our meetings a little. It's cool to want to attract other buick people but at the same time we shouldn't alienate the people who wanted to start doing this in the first by making it to far for a dinner trip. If we want everyone to come we should use the event at Farmington to attract more people from outside the area that way they can possibly stay the night or whatever. My 2 cents.

the only problem with doing it in May, is the nationals are in May.
all of us in the Charlotte area go to the nationals. when we get back we are usualy raced out, @least for a week or so, also who knows if the cars will come back in 1 piece!;) I think June or July would be better for a beach run. yes it's warmer, but what do I know, I'm just a stupid truck driver.

Originally posted by TurboIndian
...yes it's warmer, but what do I know, I'm just a stupid truck driver.

That warm weather might be a problem for non-A/C cars. :D

K.

keith i dont think anybody here has a fast car:eek: :p :confused:
Also why do people take there ac off anyway, if doesnt have ac or heat it not a street car .:D :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: .any comments on this .sorry for hi jacking the thread .
thanks regalwe4 kevin dellinger:eek:

Anyone know where someone might get a motel room for Nationals?
Conrad Carter

ps...GN/GS club has 13 rooms and all are already taken.

Jacking my stuff?

So I'm going to have all of you show up at the Autofair and heckling me? LOL.... That's hilarious! Anyone willing to take on some student loans and I'd be more than happy to keep her! I know these are just a bunch of cheap skates, so I wont hold my breath on you guys.

No, seriously, if the cars not sold I'll try and make it. But if anyone does make it to the autofair, be sure to stop by and say hello. God knows I'll be bored out of my mind sitting there!

Ryan