Gbody Moroso trick rear springs

gczarny

fast is cool !
anybody tried these ? I need to replace my rear springs anyway ,left side sits at 26" and right at 27 " , wonder what springs you guys using and if anybody tried theses Moroso trick springs ?:rolleyes:
....... GBodyParts.com Online .....

interesting but i like the ability to adjust with my air bags. especially if im taking passengers or have stuff in the trunk. just my .02

Save your money. I hated the set I bought. Car was too low and the spring rate was too high. My 60' foot times were horrible. I went back to the stock springs and went right back to the 1.50 60's I was used to.

Save your money. I hated the set I bought. Car was too low and the spring rate was too high. My 60' foot times were horrible. I went back to the stock springs and went right back to the 1.50 60's I was used to.

thanks turbodave ,that's the info I was looking for about trick springs so... how about this http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_i...d=712&osCsid=f2eb1dc9eedeb0d0dd7b248be0f0bb1a , or this http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/287/VARIABLE+RATE+REAR+SPRINGS+(2)+#1520.html or would you still go with stock springs for traction , asking this because I bought the car from member here but I am not sure what springs I got in my car in the first place and I am fighting realy bad traction plus my car after removal of air bags sits lower by 1 inch on left side , I am trying to figure out both problems at the same time ,poor traction and 1 inch height differance , what is stock ride height on our car anyway ,thanks

check out the spring chart at maliburacing.com lots of suspension tech there too. somewhere between a 120 and 150 LB/IN spring works well. shocks are more important and front suspension is far more important than rear to get the car to hook. Also trick springs canot be used with an anti roll bar
Mike

check out the spring chart at maliburacing.com lots of suspension tech there too. somewhere between a 120 and 150 LB/IN spring works well. shocks are more important and front suspension is far more important than rear to get the car to hook. Also trick springs canot be used with an anti roll bar
Mike

Mike , thanks for this info , nobody (salewise) said anything about antiroll bar and trick springs conflict before and I have HR bar , I just ordered stock replacement moog rear springs ,my rears are single adj.QA1 and fronts are single adj. coil over QA1's probably from you ,I tried lower CM relocation brackets with no luck , my best 60's so far was 1.54 lunched at maybe 5 psi , any more off trans brake and I get loose ,thanks

get rid of the reloaction brackets. stock mounting points are best (unless you want to move the front of the upper) spend 3 times the amount of time tuning the front suspension to start, ride height is important. You have all the parts you need :)
ML

get rid of the reloaction brackets. stock mounting points are best (unless you want to move the front of the upper) spend 3 times the amount of time tuning the front suspension to start, ride height is important. You have all the parts you need :)
ML

thanks Mike , I got rear control arms back to stock location and moog 5379 springs are going on tonight to replace the .....(have no idea what are they but not stock for sure ) ......rear springs ,I don't have the upper spring pilot bushings anymore , am I going to be ok without them ??? if not where to get them please ?

thats a good spring, single rate 121 lbs per in. It may be a little soft for you but try them springs are not that expensive and easy to change. You are going to need the rubber piece on top, not sure where to get one. G Body parts?
Mike

thats a good spring, single rate 121 lbs per in. It may be a little soft for you but try them springs are not that expensive and easy to change. You are going to need the rubber piece on top, not sure where to get one. G Body parts?
Mike

ok, springs are in and I used rubber insulator on top and bottom since my 9" has like reversed cup on bottom ,it looks like spring is not going to go anywhere even without pilot bushing on top ,not sure 100 % about it yet but my car still has 1 inch differance in height ,left is 27" from ground to middle of fender molding and right side is at 28 " :eek: ,.is that a problem Mike ? I know some people adjust rear suspension higher on right side for torque /load at take off but 1 inch ? is that too much and if it is the only thing left that might be causing it would be my 6 point roll bar instalation /welding because what else ??? body bushings are ok by the way ,thanks

anybody tried these ? I need to replace my rear springs anyway ,left side sits at 26" and right at 27 " , wonder what springs you guys using and if anybody tried theses Moroso trick springs ?:rolleyes:
....... GBodyParts.com Online .....

What are trying to do?

In the brake/suspension section I posted a spring rate chart of all Moog springs.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

ok, springs are in and I used rubber insulator on top and bottom since my 9" has like reversed cup on bottom ,it looks like spring is not going to go anywhere even without pilot bushing on top ,not sure 100 % about it yet but my car still has 1 inch differance in height ,left is 27" from ground to middle of fender molding and right side is at 28 " :eek: ,.is that a problem Mike ? I know some people adjust rear suspension higher on right side for torque /load at take off but 1 inch ? is that too much and if it is the only thing left that might be causing it would be my 6 point roll bar instalation /welding because what else ??? body bushings are ok by the way ,thanks
not sure it a huge problem it sure will not cause the car to spin, it may not go straight. I would check it in a different place level parking lot or something. If the body was twisted when the bar was welded in I don't think there is much you can do except cut it and start over. Try it and see how it works.
Mike

not sure it a huge problem it sure will not cause the car to spin, it may not go straight. I would check it in a different place level parking lot or something. If the body was twisted when the bar was welded in I don't think there is much you can do except cut it and start over. Try it and see how it works.
Mike

Mike ,little update here , after I installed new rear springs and adjusted the right front QA1 coil over spring ...right was 1/2 inch higher then the left and did not even know about it ... and drove the car for two days now it getting better ,my rear sits 27.5 " on both sides with 275/50/15 MT ,my front droped to 25.5 " ,what you think I should bring the front up to ? same 27.5 " ? how would you set ride height in my case ? bringing fronts QA1 full 2 inches up would probably almost compress the springs to the limit ? they half way compressed right now :confused:...or... should I go back to stock front springs and regular 90/10 shocks ? and how would you adjust HR bar in my case ? thanks

What are trying to do?

In the brake/suspension section I posted a spring rate chart of all Moog springs.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I am trying to get some traction down to 1.40 ,maybe 1.30 60' ,I thought I had all the right pieces with front and rear QA1 adjustable shocks ,HR bar ,trans brake and 9" rear end with 275 /50/15 MT drag radials to get at least low 1.40 60' and so far nothing but spinning , best 1.54 60' with 5 PSI or less at the line ,anything more and rear brakes loose , had lower control arm relocation brackets put it , made it worse , I have QA1 set to min. setting and I still don't see front lift much , wonder if that is my problem , maybe I should go back to stock front spring/shock set up ????? :confused: thanks

Do you have any pics of the car launching from the drivers side? Which 9" housing do you have...regular or Fab 9?

You have to check your instant center (IC). Do you have any pics of the control arms at ride height? You stated that you put the setting to the mininum, was that for the rears?

Keep this in the back of your mind:
- Springs support the car
- Shocks control the action of the spring

When you lower/raise the height of the car, you are changing the IC.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Do you have any pics of the car launching from the drivers side? Which 9" housing do you have...regular or Fab 9?

You have to check your instant center (IC). Do you have any pics of the control arms at ride height? You stated that you put the setting to the mininum, was that for the rears?

Keep this in the back of your mind:
- Springs support the car
- Shocks control the action of the spring

When you lower/raise the height of the car, you are changing the IC.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

here I got few pics ,I don't know what 9 " I have ,how do you tell ? ( I bought the car with it ) , I had to grind some upper ears cause upper CM were hitting ,you can see it in the last pic , min. setting was for fronts , back i had cranked half way , now ,my front tires are 25 " tall and my rear MT are 26 " tall ,right now my car sits 26.5" in front and 27.5 in the back ,I am going to remove bottom spring rubber insulators seen in pic 3 ,not sure if it should be there or not in the first place , that should drop back a bit ,what is my goal same front and rear ? should i buy taller tires for the front to match back ones ??? I will try to get to the track this week and take some pics/video at the line , thanks

Attachments

• DSC08104.JPG
    DSC08104.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC08105.JPG
    DSC08105.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 455
  • DSC08107.JPG
    DSC08107.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 531
  • DSC08108.JPG
    DSC08108.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 430
Do have any pics of the uppers?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

not sure what you looking for but here I just took two pics of L&R uppers and how the car looks /sits on the ground right now ,once again measured from ground to middle of fender edge molding front sits 1 inch lower then the back ,thanks

Attachments

• DSC08111.JPG
    DSC08111.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 518
  • DSC08112.jpg
    DSC08112.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC08117.JPG
    DSC08117.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 377
moroso trick rear coils metco upper an lower control arms and i only got low 1.50 60fts with radials with a TE60 :D they transfer weight really well