Gbodyparts Weatherstripping

Westriver87

I am getting ready to replace the outer dew sweeps, lower door strips, and roof rail strips on my WE4. I did some reading on Gbody's site and they are saying their reproductions are as good as or better then GM. I also did a search and everyone seemed to think they are quality repro's. However, most of the posts were a couple of years old. Is this still the concensus? Thanks

i put a complete set on my gn t top dew sweep doors trunks anty rattle window kit and t top and new to top frames it was alot of money but its like driving a brand new car now

I am getting ready to replace the outer dew sweeps, lower door strips, and roof rail strips on my WE4. I did some reading on Gbody's site and they are saying their reproductions are as good as or better then GM. I also did a search and everyone seemed to think they are quality repro's. However, most of the posts were a couple of years old. Is this still the concensus? Thanks
I just did the Kirban outer sweeps and the repos are very nice.

They probably all use the same company for their weather stripping. I heard the company Paul uses is real good as well

I think im going to give them a shot. I will be painting my car in the next few years, so if Im not happy with them, I can go back with nos gm stuff when I paint it.

I recently just had my car painted and used the gbodyparts lower door weatherstripping after I bought aftermarket ones that were too stiff. I am very happy with the fit of the gbodyparts aftermarket ones and would recommend them to anyone. I also have the upper door weatherstripping from them and it is also a good fit. Used NOS4GN for the outer dew sweeps, also aftermarket, and they fit perfect as well. Hope this helps.

I did both of my cars at about the same time. I dropped mega bucks on the real GM stuff on my hardtop T and got the GBodyParts repro ones on my GN with TTops. I'd have to say, the Gbody parts ones were actually just a hair better than the GM ones.

i have ever piece of rubber g body carryes there dam good car use to fell like you were sitting on the hood going down the high way not no more its quiet inside now all i here is spool and exhaust

I used gbodyparts weatherstripping for my t-tops, doors, windows, etc. It all fit fine.....

also the reproduction stainless t top frames they make are dam good piece of meterial installed mine no leaks noting

Can't beat that...just as good or better than GM at half the price. Plan on ordering it tomorrow. Thanks again

They probably all use the same company for their weather stripping. I heard the company Paul uses is real good as well
No actually we do not. I have went thru a lot of weather stripping. I have purchased seals from about every gbody seal manufacturer out there. When GM went crazy I knew we had to find an alternative. Alot of our seals are GM licensed. I just spent a better part of my evening & still working on a Moon roof pan seal. I have a new aftermarket piece, an original un installed GM unit, & a good used low mileage one. As bad as we need to get this seal approved I haven't yet. I will be here for at least another 2 hours measuring, fitting, installing, & making notes on the proto type to send back.
I have the glass moon roof / astro roof seal approved.
I spent hours reading feed back on people who installed new GN seals on cars in the last few years. I figured out that the original would grab against the glass. We made ours a little smoother to allow the glass to slide against the seal not grab it & bind. This makes for a tight level seal with more coverage from glass to seal.

We don't send seals out for our customers to test we test fit. We test fit on a bunch of different vehicles we own. We send seals to Mike at Richard Clark's place if we feel we need a second opinion. Kirban now carries our t-top seals.

I am also working on getting the wire installed back into our hard top seals. They fit fine now but would be 100% dead on with a wire to GM's originals.

If you get bored look at all the work we just did to build new GM style bumper fillers that are better & will last longer then the originals.

We hate returns due to some one being unhappy & we use what we sell. although we offer a $ back guarantee if your not happy after dry fitting it.
Thanks for the positive feed back on the seals you have bought from us. It makes all the time doing test fits worth it.

I just got mine in. I took my orginals off and am in the process of cleaning the doors up and repainting the insides and jams. Just looking at them, they seem like they are quality. I will know for sure when I get them in. For the price they are definitely worth getting.