Getting my car "Certified"

87we410877

Is there a service, kind of like a judge at a car show, that can look over my entire car which i restored to 100% original, and certify the originality of the car or give it a score or something? I think that would be nice to have when i sell it in a month.

Tyler, there's nothing in the Buick world.

only the Vette owners have the Bloomington Gold, Survivor, etc. certs.

https://www.bloomingtongold.com/index.php/events/classic-events/judging/benchmark

Sure, Ferrari has Classische and well known builders may get an invite to show at a Concours d'Elegance but other than a judging at a GM Carlisle event, a GoodGuys show, etc. there is nothing on a national level to translate.

Maybe some consider the GS Nationals a national show event but the judges are just whomever shows up. What are the credentials of those doing the judging?

The GSCA used to appraise cars; you could call them and ask. Be sure you call before noon on a week day.

I figured that. Well myself being a buick GN connoisseur, i certify this car to be 100% factory original 100/100. LOL
You have done a tremendous amount of work, with a tremendous amount of spending, and taken zero shortcuts on this car.
How about sharing some detailed pictures of this gem? :cool:

You have done a tremendous amount of work, with a tremendous amount of spending, and taken zero shortcuts on this car.
How about sharing some detailed pictures of this gem? :cool:

Check out the thread in "Full Restoration T type" In the body / resto / paint section :)

I need to add some updates, but you'll get the idea.

Is there a service, kind of like a judge at a car show, that can look over my entire car which i restored to 100% original, and certify the originality of the car or give it a score or something? I think that would be nice to have when i sell it in a month.

Hate to say tis after looking but its not 100% original. It's missing some of the sloppy GM work. Therefore and IMO, it's better than original.
Much #Respect for ding all that with what you have (No fancy 20x40 shop, etc.).
Well done!

Maybe inquire with Hagerty, Grundy or American Collectors Insurance?

They might be able to :

A. Do the appraisal.
B. Recommend someone.

Just a suggestion.....