Getting ready to install 2nd nozzle

3.8vsix

I am thinking about installing my 2nd nozzle from Razor. I am out of "octane" for more boost. I need a couple tuning ideas. I have XFI, anything i need to change before i hit the boost, or adjust tables as i go? I have my alky control knob on 8 right now. What should I turn the knob to with the 2nd nozzle. Also what is the drill bit size for the nozzle? Thanks for any info!!!

I am thinking about installing my 2nd nozzle from Razor. I am out of "octane" for more boost. I need a couple tuning ideas. I have XFI, anything i need to change before i hit the boost, or adjust tables as i go? I have my alky control knob on 8 right now. What should I turn the knob to with the 2nd nozzle. Also what is the drill bit size for the nozzle? Thanks for any info!!!

Get a transducer and log your alcohol pressure. You can do this with the XFI. Based on pressure being run, how much fuel is being displaced you can start making these assumptions.

You should also be logging fuel pressure. You need data to make decisions.

Arbitrairily cranking knob to "8" and pulling fuel from the XFI is not the way its suppossed to be done. Adding another nozzle and guessing on the knob is another big no-no. Once you monitor pressure.. and you know nozzle size you can calculate how much is being sprayed in. Then when you add the second nozzle, you know where your pressure is suppossed to be based on the flow you needed with a single nozzle.

The real way to really get a handle on this stuff is map out the XFI using race gas. Once you know what your injector DC is lets say at 25 PSI boost.. once you roll the methanol in, you want to displace approx 20-25% of your fuel. So if your IDC(injector duty cycle) is 80% on race gas, you want IDC on meth and pump to be between 60-64% DC. And use the nozzles/controller to get you there.

Hope this helps.

Add... drill bit is 13/32. On my old car with twin nozzles my gain was set to 6.. mid 10's at 132

I guess I should just add race gas and not install the 2nd nozzle. Not sure i could tune it. More involed than I first thought. Thanks for the info Razor!!

Race Gas is not going to save you if the tune-up is not right.

These motors the higher the HP they make.. the touchier they are. Race Gas, pump gas, pump gas + methanol.. etc.. it all needs to be monitored and dialed in.

Sad part it usually takes someone to lose a headgasket for all the safety's to get added to their combo. You have a ton of cash in the motor.. get the sensors and build your protection layers. Doesnt mean a problem cant happen, all it does is give you a bread crumb trail to follow in the event something where to go wrong you can point the finger at exactly what happened. That is the best you can do with a racing engine.. Worst is not knowing what failed... And then hoping it doesnt happen again.

That XFI is a killer piece to log stuff.. make adjustments.. and figure situations out. But its only as good as its being used.

Hope this helps. These are just simple words from someone who's been there and blown stuff in the process of learning :eek: