Getting ready to start an engine build for my syclone need some advise.

morgan

ok i am going to pull the motor out of my truck and was looking for some opinions, trial and error experiences. for example,,
what years of vortec heads are best to use and with what manifold..
which headers to go with brand and bang for your buck.
i already have the turbo,pistons, rods, innercooler, built trans, computer and some other stuff.
just trying to have as much as i can ready or done before i start thanks for any info.

go to syty.net you will find everything there or call sportsmachine, or sytyperformance.com

just keep it stock. the like to break when modded. stock with updates run mid 12s. leave it alone. speaking from 12yrs modding one experience.

used to run 11.40's how it sits now... but after a boost spike (bad wastegate diaphram) it has what seems to be a miss under boost and at idle i have done everything i can think of externaly with no success. and i'm thinking it is something internal. so since the engine will be out might as well put some goody's in it. i think it might have a broken piston but im not sure is there anybody that has had that happen to theres and if anything was broke what was it?

Have you changed all of the vacuum lines? Run a scan?

Search syty.net for "missing under boost" and you should be able to find the usual suspects.