getting swriles out of the paint

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
i figure today or tomorrow i am going to wax my car. and last time it left swriles. what should i do to get the swriles out?

thanks for any insight

-Neil

I was told by a friend that is in the paint/body industry:

Always on a black car, wash, wax, wipe in straight lines from front to back on the car. Never do any of these in circles. Never use the std orbital power polishers. It really reduced them on mine.

I found it also helps to use car washes that leave the least amount of water spots. Less minerals & etc in the water = less scratches.

Hope that helps, might be other ways but it helped for me.

You can use a low speed random orbital these won't leave swirls like hand polishing in circles will. (that's what I use) And when you wipe off always wipe in one direction for all sections, this eliminates the swirl look. Make sure the surface is clean. The best way is to use cold water and really soap up with a nice quality wash, use a chenille sponge when washing. Give extra attention to rinse. Use a air hose if you have one available to blow the water out of the areas where it gathers. Wipe with a nice absorber and then in cool area apply a good quality wax. Meguiars has some new waxes for low swirls and nice deep shine for black paint. Just my two cents... You may want to start with a polish then follow with a wax to give it even more depth.. my car:cool:

If you wont a perfect swirl free finish then you need to go with ZAINO. I know everybody talks it up and I was hard pressed to spend the money on it, But after purchasing the WS6 and now having 2 black cars. I bit the bullet and purchased it. It is by far the best wax you will every try. No swirls, last long, Deep Deep shine. You can buy it online at http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

you will wont Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6. Zaino is a waxing process, it sounds like it takes along time but not really. Well worth the time though.

Brad

Vendor, I need to move your question to the proper venue "Show car and Body Resto." However, I'll answer your question. If I get a car with swirls I use: "3M Rubbing Compund", then "3M Machine glaze" with a low speed Orbital. I'll then use "3M Finnese-it" w/same Orbital and new foam pad, and finally "3M Handglaze" applied by hand. The car will shine like liquid oynx and from this point on you can use Handglaze to restore the shine, no wax for my cars and no I'm not selling 3M products:D
HTH

Geoff

Originally posted by Rollin
Vendor, I need to move your question to the proper venue "Show car and Body Resto."

i dont get as much attention as i need to get in there :(

Originally posted by turbo6x2
my car:cool:

hey we have the same wheels...

well since i already went out and got regular turtle wax i am going just to try that, and maybe doing the strait line bit like HRpartsNstuff mentioned. any other ideas?

-Neil

got the swrils out :D

last time i used an orbital buffer and thats what left the swriles. this time i used good old fashion elbow grease, and no more swriles.

thanks for the help

-Neil

I have always had really good results with Safe Cut for getting rid of swirls. It is really easy to apply and remove and works excellent on dark paints. Click below for details.

The Wax shop

Originally posted by GN ERGY
Check this out www.properautocare.com
I bought their Blackfire products.
Tons of usefull info on this site. Check out the black escalade.
Tarey D.
This product beats zainio in my opinion. Anything you have to use dish wash detergent to clean your car with isn't something I would use. :rolleyes: