GM Lifters?

87TurboGirl

I am trying to get Stock lifters for my 87 Gn and I am running into a problem.

Chevy dealer gave me a part number of 5234485

Buick 5334486

Does anyone know which one is correct?

Thanks

Yes the correct part number is 5234485. Sounds like the Buick dealer is giving you a run around. These lifters were on back order last month but it looks like GM has some stock in their Pontiac MI warehouse. If I was you I'd call back the Buick dealer and tell them they missed a sale. The Chevy dealer may try to tell you that you have to buy a set of 16(or mutiples of 8) but tell them he can return the unused box of 4 back to GM on their obsolecence return. I've worked for GM dealers 24 years now and know all the tricks so go informed and dont let them push you around. Eric Fisher

I get a decent discount on GM parts through a local dealer. I was just quoted $11.61@ :eek:
Anyone know what the suggested retail is on them?

I was shocked when I priced them out at GM... but I guess that should be expected.

Who makes a good stock replacement lifter. Is there a difference between a stock buick lifter, a cheapy stock replacement or something like Comp Cam Pro-Magnum??

Originally posted by channer
I was shocked when I priced them out at GM... but I guess that should be expected.

Who makes a good stock replacement lifter. Is there a difference between a stock buick lifter, a cheapy stock replacement or something like Comp Cam Pro-Magnum??

For years have used Speed Pro and Comp flat tappet lifers and never had a problem. In 2 cases the customer wanted them changed to GM ones after a few thousand miles.

Guess what? - no change in performance, noise level or reliability.