GM--Nationals at Carlisle next weekend. Is it a good show?

XFactor

My buddy and I are thinking about making the trek to Carlisle. If we can have a NON-RAINY weekend of course :rolleyes: . Never been there, so I just have a few questions..................

What's the BEST day to go Saturday or Sunday?

Is it a judged car show or just display?

Is there a swap-meet and vendors?

And lastly............How far is it from NY city (time)??? On the map it looks like a haul.

THANKS, maybe they'll have something special for BUICKS being that it's our birthday :D .

Can't really comment on the GM, but the Chrysler nationals are usually a good show. If you want more info try carsatcarlisle.com
It is a good facility, grounds are well maintained, security is first rate, and Carlisle itself is a decent town.

The show is decent size. John Moss from Chevrolet will be there.
There is judging in the car show. There's a swap meet. Good size.
No Turbo Buick venders!:mad: Last year there was about 10 turbo
buicks in the car show. Around 4+ Typhoons/Syclones. There is a
car corral to sell cars. Come on down. The more the marrier.

As far as the distance from NY City, just guessing I'd say 4hrs.

Brian

Never been to the GM show..

I usually go to the spring and summer swap meet at Carlisle. My father has a 38 Chevy street rod so sometimes we head up there to see what parts we can find. Somebody in this thread mentioned that the grounds are well kept. I've found that they tend to be very muddy. So, going if there is a dry weekend seems out of the question. Seems like everytime I go there, it rains or is just muddy. Not that that takes the fun out of it or anything. Perhaps that's half the fun.

The people and the town are definetely first rate. The drive up there is real pretty, but don't expect the interstate to drop you right off. A few back roads to get there. I would say Saturday is your better bet, although if you're going there to buy things, you may luck out on Sunday with vendors trying to have less to bring back home. They may be willing to strike a deal with ya.