GN car shows

bill-e-boy

are there any annual Grand National car shows in the NC/SC area?...I scanned through these 3 pages...did I miss a location/date?

Not really a show but for several of the last few years there has been a large gathering at Richard Clark's shop in Burlington. Didn't have one this year though. Hope it will be back for 2015. It was a multi-day event with tech sessions and drag racing. The TR scene has cooled way off around here lately. We had a GM Turbo 6 group that used to get together on a rather regular basis and we even used to show on Saturdays at every Autofair event until they changed the rules requiring clubs to show both days. Our core group seemed to be in the Triad area with a few Charlotte area members. The meets were a lot of fun but I guess sometimes life gets in the way. The scene now seems to be mostly local cruises and small shows. You'll be lucky to see two TRs at one place though. I hope things will pick back up soon. It's time for it.

BTW: Welcome to the forum and where are you located at?

Not really a show but for several of the last few years there has been a large gathering at Richard Clark's shop in Burlington. Didn't have one this year though. Hope it will be back for 2015. It was a multi-day event with tech sessions and drag racing. The TR scene has cooled way off around here lately. We had a GM Turbo 6 group that used to get together on a rather regular basis and we even used to show on Saturdays at every Autofair event until they changed the rules requiring clubs to show both days. Our core group seemed to be in the Triad area with a few Charlotte area members. The meets were a lot of fun but I guess sometimes life gets in the way. The scene now seems to be mostly local cruises and small shows. You'll be lucky to see two TRs at one place though. I hope things will pick back up soon. It's time for it.

Florence, sc

Cool, There are a few board members in your area. I'm about an hour away. In Anson County, about 15 miles east of Monroe.

I plan on starting gatherings in the Middle TN area. Turbo Farm South is born! Not sure how far away you guys are, but all are welcome! Some drinking, some tech, some bad jokes about wives, you know....

Can we maybe have an impromptu meeting up at Richard's? There are people that want to meet up in the Carolina's:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...h-carolina-central.414939/page-2#post-3443306

It could be just a day thing. Nothing big. Just a meet and greet, talk about our cars and have a good time. Hell, just meeting some of the people I have chatted with on this site would be nice. Just the little time I spent with Patrick (SLOGN) at the Power Tour was awesome. Man knows his sh*t! I know that there are people in the area that have bought a TB in the last year and that includes myself that would like to learn more about these cars that we don't even know what to look for yet. Any thoughts?

Just joking man. You don't need to participate in that way to get a lot out of a Buick gathering. We are a diverse group...
Not a big deal....
Can we maybe have an impromptu meeting up at Richard's? There are people that want to meet up in the Carolina's:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/th...h-carolina-central.414939/page-2#post-3443306

It could be just a day thing. Nothing big. Just a meet and greet, talk about our cars and have a good time. Hell, just meeting some of the people I have chatted with on this site would be nice. Just the little time I spent with Patrick (SLOGN) at the Power Tour was awesome. Man knows his sh*t! I know that there are people in the area that have bought a TB in the last year and that includes myself that would like to learn more about these cars that we don't even know what to look for yet. Any thoughts?
I am up for it....prefer Saturdays myself. Sundays are reserved for God and family.. :)

Right now..... The weather on Saturday looks good. It will change at least 100 times but lets keep our fingers crossed. Question... Will Richard be okay with this? Last thing I want to do is piss him off before I even meet him. :banghead:

No go for me this coming Saturday....:(
But I would like to do something soon after...before hunting season gets here...lol.
If we could set a date in the near future, maybe we could get several members interested...and even set it up with RC...maybe even when the weather turns cooler.
I'm thinking we could start another thread and have a poll for a few dates..
A good date for me would be September 20th. Not that we couldn't get together before then, but it would be great to have a bigger meet, something more organized.
??any thoughts??
John

I called Richard tonight and he is okay with a small meet and greet. We just need to set up a time and date. What does everyone want to do? John suggested September 20th. It would give people time to set it up in their schedule.

I would love to go but the 20th is bad for me the 13th or 27th I could do....
What would the hours of it be?

No go for me this coming Saturday....:(
But I would like to do something soon after...before hunting season gets here...lol.
If we could set a date in the near future, maybe we could get several members interested...and even set it up with RC...maybe even when the weather turns cooler.
I'm thinking we could start another thread and have a poll for a few dates..
A good date for me would be September 20th. Not that we couldn't get together before then, but it would be great to have a bigger meet, something more organized.
??any thoughts??
John

Will the 13th or 27th work for you?

I would love to go but the 20th is bad for me the 13th or 27th I could do....
What would the hours of it be?

As far as time, I guess just what the majority votes as far as when it would start. How long it will lasts, well... it would be guys talking cars.

Either would be fine..just making suggestions..

Sent from my MB855 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Will the 13th or 27th work for you?

As far as time, I guess just what the majority votes as far as when it would start. How long it will lasts, well... it would be guys talking cars.
I prefer either early morning or later in the evening, only because I am usually doing stuff with family in between.
I would probably bring my teenagers though...they love the car thing.