GN carpet interchangablity

karolko

i would like to know which cars i can steal a good carpet from and dye it back to black. I know that most two door floorpan are all interchangable, so does that mean that i can snatch a carpet from those vehicles as well.

Cutlass, Monte Carlo, Regal?

Also will earlier regals work (1978-80ish)

Does anone have experience dying carpet?

Thanks boys

Any G-Body. Any coupe,sedan,wagon even an ElCamino all use the same carpet.

But you have to ask yourself is it really worth it? The youngest G-body is 21 years old! You'd be time and money ahead just getting the rubber backed molded carpet from GBodyParts.com Online . Heck you might as well put left over green shag carpet from Homey Depot in it if you think your car isn't worth the price.:confused:

i have a bias towards gbodyparts.com. i have heard many bad things about them, and friends from home have also had bad expereince, so my mind is made up.

that is why i am exploring other options. i would like a factory fit carpet, but cannot find anyone else other than gbodyparts.com.

i have seem 20year old cars with good carpets in them believe me. if people used floor mats all there lives, the majority of the carpet is great.

I bought mine from Summit Racing. Comes premolded with the extra cushioning material underneath where needed. All I had to do was trim the sides so they could fit nice and snug under the door sill plates. Awesome carpet in the factory colors (mine is medium grey). Check them out. Highly recommend new vs 21 year old worn/dirty carpet with who knows what is inbedded in them, from a health quality standpoint.

i have a bias towards gbodyparts.com. i have heard many bad things about them, and friends from home have also had bad expereince, so my mind is made up.

that is why i am exploring other options. i would like a factory fit carpet, but cannot find anyone else other than gbodyparts.com.

i have seem 20year old cars with good carpets in them believe me. if people used floor mats all there lives, the majority of the carpet is great.

Sorry to hear that. If you check on the posts related to us with carpet sales we do not have any complaints.

i have no complants with g-body look at the Feedback postings. but i do have carpeting out of an 82. (maroon)If you intrested pm me i will get some picks for you.

Thanks for the offer for the maroon carpet, but shipping these days is just going to kill me. I have decided to live with the carpet i have currently until i stumble upon one in better condition.

Thanks anyways,

Adrian

Plenty of other options

I would go with the gBodyParts piece as well. There is nothing like a new carpet in an old car. Although I have never purchased from them, I cannot say if either the good propaganda or bad propaganda is true. I can tell you that a lot of he companies still selling parts for older cars like the TR are usually smaller, and sometimes have a little trouble managing volume. I personally try to be patient, cause without them sometimes things don't get made at all.

I am in the midst of purchasing another TR and have a laundry list of things that I will be ordering from them. I will let everyone know how it goes.

If yo really feel that strongly about not dealing with them then try this place.

Buick Regal 2 Door Carpet Kit Replacement 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987

They wera vendor of mine when I used to manage a local speed shop in the mid 90's. I have personally ordered numerous carpets from them over the years and all have been satisfactory. The only one that I have really had an issue with was the one for my DD a 1988 4Runner. The original Toyota carpet was very well engineered with the jute padding integrated. I had to remove the jute and relocate it to the new carpet to achieve the proper fitment. The color was also off a bit.

I would go with the gBodyParts piece as well. There is nothing like a new carpet in an old car. Although I have never purchased from them, I cannot say if either the good propaganda or bad propaganda is true. I can tell you that a lot of he companies still selling parts for older cars like the TR are usually smaller, and sometimes have a little trouble managing volume. I personally try to be patient, cause without them sometimes things don't get made at all.

I am in the midst of purchasing another TR and have a laundry list of things that I will be ordering from them. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Were not exactly small we just get a lot of orders.Dealing with new & used parts is tough. We keep generally 45 parts cars on hand. If we dealt with only new parts life would be easy.
You are correct we do spend alot of time & $ developing new parts when they can't be readily found.

Carpet we have found is easier to get drop shipped for odd ball colors that are rubber backed. Keeps over head down & gives us more room to keep hi volume parts in stock.

Waiting for that laundry list ;)