GN Police Cars

I thought all WE4's were black. Maybe I'm just mis-informed:confused: P.S. I see you deal in Bike parts- do you sell complete motors as well? I have a GSXR chassis set up for drag racing that the motor went south in. Maybe looking to buy a motor or just sell the chassis, haven't decided which yet.

from buickwe4.com. the we4 option was the aluminum t wheels, no spolier, all gray interior, all black trim, no chrome, aluminum brkts and aluminum drums and turbo t badges all of which my car has.

Back in 1986 a good buddy of mine had an older brother that was an undercover narc for the Philly PD. The dept. gave him a 1986 GN as a duty car with hidden lights, siren and all the undercover crap. That was my first close up and personal dealings with a GN, and the one that gave me the bug to buy one in 1990. About a month after they issued him this car it was stollen and dumped only a few blocks from his house...wonder what the thieves thought when they looked down and seen all the power equiptment for the lights, radio and such:) They car was taken to a dealer to be cheked over where it was again stollen off their lot. The car was missing for a month or so and showed up in the ghetto stripped to the bone! Needless to say the car was worthless to him. As his luck would have it, he had removed his weapons from the trunk to clean'em the night it was stollen.

Check your trunk RPO code sticker (if you have one). It should say WE4 in one of the columns. The chassis is an '86 1100 (old 1052 motor). Looking to possibly go with the 1127, or maybe just back to the 1052. Had good luck with my 1052(bored to 1109 with Arias pistons) and a little nitrous. Motor just got tired after 4 full seasons of racing. Seriously though, check your trunk lid for the RPO sticker, you can tell exactly what your car came with from the factory by checking those codes. You can get a list of all the code meanings on gnttype.org under the resources section. On my factory window sticker, the WE4 option reads as follows:
special turbo package - incl's
3.8 litre turbo v6, air cond.,
4 speed auto. trans, "T" pkge.,
sport mirrors, gray bucket seat
with console, and exterior
sport package.

Sticker price in 1987---$18,068.00
OUCH!
Hope that helps! If it is indeed a WE4, Welcome to the club! Only 1547 of them were made.

If my department would let me use my GN for traffic, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

The WE4 has chrome bumpers, not black, by the way.

It was July 4th 1987. I was hangin out with a couple of my friends outside a bar called Bucky's in Jersey City NJ. Yes we were drinking outside the bar. A wicked 87 GN pulls up to the corner and a cop sticks his head out and tells us to dump the drinks. We dump the drinks, he gets a call on the radio and pulls out hard. All he left was 2 long black skid marks and one heck of an impression. I remember all of us going back in the bar and ordering another round of drinks, we came back out (with our drinks) and stood around the skid marks talking about how cool it would be to own one of those. I finally got my first one in 1999. :D

Yeah, I know Mark...good guy. He moved to Port St. Lucie so I never see him...he might even be selling Phoebe (his cream beige limited).

WE4 is all black with black bumpers and the above noted equipment.
WO4 is all black with chrome bumpers
Check your RPO sticker for the code.

If anybody has any pics of turbo buicks that are ex law enforcment I would greatly appreciate you posting or e-mailing them to me. I am trying to gather all the information I can about the turbo buicks being used by law enforcment. I plan entering my GN in a few cop car shows this year as a replica car.

Any info you have and pics would be awesome to receive.

Thanks guys. :)

Just happend across this thread and thought it was pretty cool.

Any updates on copies of that poster?:D

I was returning from watching my friend's brother graduate Johnson & Wales when I saw an undercover GN in Connecticuit. It had corner flashers and that was it. Totally stealth and he had a Lincoln pulled over. My friend and I were stunned and I dropped the speed in my Formula to a more reasonable level until we were in NY.