GN vs civic dork

Hey, I was just playing with you. I was mainly talking about only seeing your car for about 3 seconds of it. Anyway...

There certainly is a movement on for form over function. APC has done wonders for that. I want to vomit every time I see a stock Camaro with one of those stupid supra hoop wings.

I equally have stomach discomfort over APC :)

Here is a pic that describes them best :)

APC

Miguel

I have contemplated the honduh/ toyota, etc. population explosion to some extent. The numbers are appalling here in the south. And few secular people even know what a TR is here. Ive come to many conclusions. Continual negative visual reinforcement in the female view is the culprit. Let me explain. Down here American cars if only a few years old are considered red neck or oil smoking ghetto mobiles. The ghetto oil smoking turd paints negative visual cues to the spoiled little princess' down here. These women are for the most part convinced that Amer. cars are POS"S, when in fact it isd the ghetto losers which buy our grandmother's 3.8 Regal, Cutlass, Caprice, etc and just run them into the ground within 15,000 miles!. We on this board know that if you maintain even the most quaint of units itll easily break the 200,000 mark. (Yes ,there are secrets only car guys know such as ALWAYS run a trans cooler, even on your wifes car) . And be aware of your cars specifics like plastic timing gears for instance. Also know that higher line foreign cars always get maintained well. But where do the poor old Coupe Devilles end up!? Now, what happens if women look down on Amer cars? Bingo! Men must now buy foreign to "feel" and appear smart. Kinda like bar hopping, if you run a bar you have a ladies night not a mens night. Because where the girls are so will the boys follow. This is part of the feminization of the Amer. male! :mad:
The Bimmers/lexuss are king here, The men give themselves heart attacks buying all this capability and just putsy putt around at the slightest curve. Hey I say capability not cost! All the girls I know even women in their 30's consider my cars old fogey. I've shown many a Bimmer that my $6800 used FBI lt1 Caprice is faster than them and at 198,000 miles! And thats my slow car. They are the idiot. I digress
Anyway, the honduhs could not have invaded if the males stayed true to their maleness. Its PC gone amok and stupid band wagon mentality. I'm really scared of these peoples political leanings. Does that seem to paranoiod? Not to me, because I never would have imagined that so many people would have imprinted on cars that have engines which are mounted incorrectly, sound so bad and are so impersonnal in seating space. Use them to commute and do family duty, not as wanna be super cars.

Originally posted by metal-box
Rice != all Imports

That is a stupid statement! You cant put everybody in the same boat!

Originally posted by rick cain
because I never would have imagined that so many people would have imprinted on cars that have engines which are mounted incorrectly, sound so bad and are so impersonnal in seating space. Use them to commute and do family duty, not as wanna be super cars.

That is YOUR opinion! Personnaly I think a well built N/A Honda engines sounds great!

Here is a 10s all motor honda!
http://www.hondata.com/media/er320by240.mov

Built N/A Honda engines do sound great. I have one in my lawnmower.

Look like you got some nice Mustangs!

I used to have a 1989 Coupe. 5.0L of course! It was almost stock so it was not very fast! But still it was a very fun car to drive! To bad I sold it for a Civic! ;);)

My father still have his first car. A 1967 Ford Mustang Convertible! With the 289 and 4 speed manual tranny!

Congrats on the cars but pls grow up with your attitude man!

Peace!

I couldn't resist. I mean, once, some ricer at a Sonic tried to convince me that his Honda sounded like a Ferrari. So the next time I went to that restaurant, it was in my Charger, but I brought my neighbor along with his 308. The ricer never came back.

I know! Sometimes I hate having a civic because of all the riceboys driving them. But I could be driving any car and still see stupid dork tdrive the same car as me. Imagine I saw a Mustang GT 94-95 with a two double deck wings (One over the other) last year. The guys keep saying he smoke Honda S2000 and there is no honda that can beat his stock V8! :rolleyes: Thats funny cause a stock 94-95 GT can barely break into the 14s! lol Anyway we just laugh at him and he drove away! I sware to you guys there is more domestic rice around here then Import rice. Or maybe im just getting used to it! I see Cavalier, Neon, Mustang eveywhere with neons, windshield washers leds, and other **** like that!

My car is maybe slow but at least I put my money where it belong! Under the hood! And also on the suspension because im a "all around" performance guy!

My Mustang!
Img0065.jpg

The Civic!
Quick001small.jpg

Nice Civic....I actually like Civics and if they didn't have a ricer 'tude I'd probably buy one. Here's my Stangs:

h**p://www.angelfire.com/cantina/smg/shelbynstang.jpg

I think your Civic needs a wing, a body kit, and running lights...j/k ;)

I like those wheels.

I know the '94-95 GTs are slow (215hp factory rated), but the new GTs can run 13s with the right driver...MM&FF magazine ran a stock GT at the track and they broke into the 13.7 range by the end of the day.

Damn im drolling on my keyboard!!!! :eek: :eek: Very nice rides! One day i'll have one!

The exterior of the car is 100% stock. I have H&R Sport Springs and Tokico Illumina ajustable shocks. The car is dropped 1.75"! Im also rolling on Hankook R Compound on the street! Fun Fun Fun! :D The wheels are stock Civic Si(R) wheels! Its not handling like a ferrari but its better then the stock civic suspension! And dont get me started on the stock tires they put on those things! :rolleyes:

You will NEVER see a wing or a bodykit on my car! :) Money is to hard to get to spend it on useless peace of crap! :)

Beleive me I know what Mustangs can do. I have like 10 friends with Mustangs.

2002 GT
2000 GT
1997 SVT Cobra
1987 LX Coupe 5.0L
etc..
etc...
etc...
etc...

Peace!

hehe, don't they put 165 tires on stock civics?

14.9 is pretty good, for a N/A 4 banger...

I'll have to watch out for SiRs and if I see one, I might need to actually floor it in a race...never seen one though. Saw a stock '95 civic with an SiR badge that was about 4 car lengths back when I shut down...at 35mph...

No they actualy put 195/55R15 tires. But they are crap!

My car is a Canadian Civic SiR. Which are Civic SI in the USA!

My car is pretty much stock except for a Cold Air Intake and Civic TypeR cams!

I dont have the $$$ to make it faster! :( By the end of next year I hope ill be able to do a B20/vtec conversion and have around 180-190 whp. And finaly run in the 13s! :D Cause right now my 1.6L torqueless wonder can barely bring me into the 14s. :rolleyes:

I did bring the car to a dyno. It was good for a whooping..

141.3 hp and 102.1 lbs/ft at wheels! (Without the cams!)

Nothing very impressive but still fun to drive!:)

I think my 302 stang has about 200hp to the wheels but more like 300 pounds of torque...

Hello all.

This will be my 1st real post on this board.

Frist off I would like to put my input in on the whole rice theory. I can see where the majority of you are coming from with the "I hate Honda loser" posts. Yes there are a lot of these young morons running aound the streets with their upgraded rims on the rear and stock wheel minus the hub caps on the front for that "street racing - I am a badass look. There are the guys with the multi manufacturer's stickers all over their cars, the huge wings, and the guys when you are driving behind them who look like they are driving in the middle of the two front seats from the "cool" lean they have going on. I personally hate these guys as well. They come revving their POS of crap at you, I don't even bother with they usually.

A guy in an older RX-7 came up to me revving one night and I pointed to say "all right lets go" my buddy was in the car and I started laughing waiting for this guy to smoke his car at the lights. We ended up doing the windows up as the reving was so annoying and high pitched.

Anyway those are example of MORONS..They give Import drivers/enthusiasts bad names.

I recently parted with my import due to an incident that I wish I could take back (car went off the road into a ditch, hit some things here and there blah blah blah..) I used to do the Solo I and II stuff and my car was totally modified (engine, suspension, brakes...) I just rebuilt a completly modified N/A engine and didn't even finish breaking it in before the accident. :( I also kept my car absolutly mint, outside and inside.

I have now lost the 3 years of work I put into this car because insurance has written it off and I honestly don't want to fix it or swap everything over.. it's time for a change. Also one of the other bigger reasons is the bad name these stupid kids are giving to imports. I had to be worried about my car being pulled over every time I saw a cop because it was visably modified. I hate being classed with the stereotypical "Civic Drivers" and hate people mentioning the Fast and the Furious to me all of the time. "Hey nice car.. did you see the Fast and the Furious??" :mad:

I drive sensibly on the street and have gone to driver training (read racing) courses. I can run with the best of them but save it for track, yet I still get harrased. I was pulled over once and the police went through soo much on my car just to try and get me for something, no luck.. My mods are don't professionally and RIGHT.

My realistic dream car is a MK iV Supra TT (92-97) but prices on insurance are still high. I am now looking at a GN :) I have always been a car enthusiast but was just into the Import scene more.. Does this make me a Ricer???? Nope. An enthusiast, of couse. How else would I now be looking to get a GN?

Anyways I just wanted to mention a few things here and let my ideas flow.

BTW: The only stickers visable on the outside of my car are for club I started with a few others. The Toronto Prelude Club

Quick it's nice to see another Canadian/Import guy here :p

Here is a few pictures..

OpxFIDISA.dll

OpxFIDISA.dll

And a picture of my engine before the rebuild (at a show)
OpxFIDISA.dll

PS. Took a ride in my buddie custom '28 Model A with a 426 Hemi in it this past weekend... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D That's about all I have to say about that.

I gave Quick some crap but he's a good guy.

Welcome...

My son's car (which is only half his, which I have to keep explaining to him) has stickers on it, but only because he got them in a package along with a product made by whatever company it is. He also has GT-350 stripes, but since his car is basically GT-350 spec, I don't hold his feet to the fire.

In short, if you can back up your look, you're good in my book. If you have (for example) euro taillights, a huge wing, tinted windows, your front valance scraping the speedbumps, and 11 second timeslips, feel free to meet me sometime for a Friday night cruise.

Just curious, but what's the power to weight ratio of the GN. I'm not a ricer fan but you gotta admit some of these cars are really impressive! Also be careful your only 2 cylinders from being a ricer yourself, when the turbo v6's came into play I don't think anyone with a big block chevy 13:1's and a holley four barrel was scared. But now you might have a hard time convincing him into a money run. Our cars opened the doors for the imports to get some respect. SFI and an intercooled turbo was light years ahead of the competition. It's still a very efficient system . The imports just followed our lead!

Well, I've seen GNs with 1/2 - hp/lb. You don't see too many ricers like that, or GNs for that matter.

Your average gn will be around 1/12 to 1/9

Originally posted by 68Mustang
hehe, don't they put 165 tires on stock civics?

14.9 is pretty good, for a N/A 4 banger...

A 14.9 isn't bad but we should try and convince some of the ricer kids to look at compact American cars too. This weekend there was a carshow/race at one of the local tracks A buddy of mine took his built CRX to get a few times. His first run was a 13.7 next a 14.00 and finally a 14.26 (no one could convince him to wait a little between runs and maybe try a little ice on the intake) this was with everything stripped out and laying in the pit area nothing but the drivers seat and the steering wheel he even removed his carbon fiber hood to acheive these numbers. Well right after he runs a stock other than short ram intake 98 Sunfire pulls up and promptly lays down a 14.00 so see kids even Domestic 4 bangers can be fast. My wife and I checked out RKSport.com looking for parts for her 99 Sunfire and thank god she hates wings fart tips stickers etc etc.. However she does want the new blower offered through Pontiac a cat back exhaust and header, no rice just race. I knew there was a reason I married her;)