gn vs e55

inkcushion

I need parts to go fast
did anyone see that video of the e55 racing the 03 cobra? If so lets hear some opinions,that guy in the e55 wants to race me next week? I'm not really worried I'm pretty sure I'll pull him out of the hole and then its all about hime playing catch up with meand at 25lbs boost and kill mode switched on I don't think he stands a chance,I think he is worried just a little because he wants to "check my car when I show up" but I told him run what ya brung, no need to look each others car over before the race,I don't need to look at his carso there is no need for him to look at mine. what does everone think?? Lets hear it !!!!:D

Originally posted by inkcushion
did anyone see that video of the e55 racing the 03 cobra? If so lets hear some opinions,that guy in the e55 wants to race me next week? I'm not really worried I'm pretty sure I'll pull him out of the hole and then its all about hime playing catch up with meand at 25lbs boost and kill mode switched on I don't think he stands a chance,I think he is worried just a little because he wants to "check my car when I show up" but I told him run what ya brung, no need to look each others car over before the race,I don't need to look at his carso there is no need for him to look at mine. what does everone think?? Lets hear it !!!!:D

I agree with you...... run what ya brung!!! That guys name is Jesus if my memory serves me correct and he also has a 1000hp MKIV Supra as well as a 9 second DSM....... His E55 looks to be a mid 12 second car (possibly a low 12 or high 11 car with about 112-115mph trap speed) so depending on what mods you have it could be a close race or you might just walk his ass!!!

Either way make sure you get it on video so all of us can see it:) :cool: :D

BTW, he probably wants to see what your car has because he doesn't want to get beat (if he looks at your car and knows it's heavily modded he may not want to race or he might want the move or something along those lines)...... Sounds like he has a BIG ego and doesn't want to lose!!! Just ask him if he's scared of a Buick;)

Your right thats the guy, If I'm correct the supra that he has is not his at all its his buudys because they said something about that car as well last night,but he said it was his buddys car? I don't know but I think I cantake that e55 :cool: my car has a john craig built te62,ported .bigger valved irons,alky, msd50s,thdp,and all the normal upgrades to run strong,last time out my car went12.5 with a 2.1 60 footat 115 mph, and that was on a old worn out te60,since I added new turbo,and an atr sway bar for trac. And if he backs down after he sees my car or trys to get me to race another car he cametalking **** to me about racing that merc. I didn't call him out. And yes he does have a big ego. :rolleyes:

Just make sure your on slicks or you will lose, hand him his A** for talking Sh**, come out of the hole with about 6 psi and go WOT on his E55 he will be playing catch up all the way, also get some good 100octane+alky and give the wick a couple of more turns and you will be just fine, good luck let us know of the outcome.

Originally posted by inkcushion
Your right thats the guy, If I'm correct the supra that he has is not his at all its his buudys because they said something about that car as well last night,but he said it was his buddys car? I don't know but I think I cantake that e55 :cool: my car has a john craig built te62,ported .bigger valved irons,alky, msd50s,thdp,and all the normal upgrades to run strong,last time out my car went12.5 with a 2.1 60 footat 115 mph, and that was on a old worn out te60,since I added new turbo,and an atr sway bar for trac. And if he backs down after he sees my car or trys to get me to race another car he cametalking **** to me about racing that merc. I didn't call him out. And yes he does have a big ego. :rolleyes:

Yeah with 25lbs of boost in full race trim (good gas, higher timing chip, etc.) he shouldn't stand a chance........ Just make sure you got some sticky tires and then put his ego in check!!!:D

Do you really think I need slicks to beat that car? I know its fast but slicks,wouldnt some bald drag radials work just as good?

Dont assume that you will kill him off the line...I ran against one,He just about ran right with me off the line...(On the street)..And I had A set of M&H's on the rear..They claim 0-60 in about 4.3Sec.And after seeing it launch...I believe it.I was only running 16lbs of boost at the time,(Rebuilt Motor)..I ran 12.67@108 just before my meeting with him...I held him by a car until about 90ish...And he walked by after that..Im running 20-21 lbs now on the street,And waiting to run across him again...;)

Good luck...You definately have the combo to take him...Just dont mistakenly underestimate him..(Like I did with the one I ran)..

If you dont leave hard as hell on those Drag Radials...Definately look into some Dot slicks soon,Im not sure if you would have the top end to catch him if he leaves you off the line....Also...Never assume that his car is stock...It has a supercharger on it...Which means a simple Pulley change...Well..U know what that means....

Yeah I've heard that with a chip and pulley change they can run in the low 12's to high 11's.........

I'd think a guy who can afford one of those cars, and want to drag race it, can also afford slicks or drag radials. Don't go to a gunfight with a knife or you'll be :( .

Here's some info from Road and Track about what your up against............

"We'd like to personally thank the sole AMG technician responsible for hand-assembling this engine (his signature is on a plaque affixed to the 5.4-liter sohc V-8's Lysholm supercharger, but like a lot of signatures, we couldn't read it). The result is 469 bhp and a massive 516 lb.-ft. of torque, with the supercharger's twin screws churning at 23,000 rpm. Even right off idle, there's enough twist to easily light up the rear 265/35ZR-18 Continentals by just stepping on the gas in 1st gear. And yep, minimize the wheelspin and it's the Ferrari-beater, smoking to 60 in a mere 4.2 sec., on to an astounding 12.4-sec. quarter mile at 116.4 mph that's only a couple of tenths off the new Dodge Viper. And this in a quiet, civilized (albeit firm-riding) 4-door sedan, equally at home on a grocery run or bumping off its 155-mph speed limiter on the Autobahn."