GN warms up, then dies, Maftpro

qwic87gn

Okay, I've been struggling with WOT issues, but now I have idle/cruising trouble that won't even allow me to think about driving the car, the way god intending. Help me out here... once the car gets warm it begins to idle extremely rough, and eventually shuts off. The car ran great with the Maftpro a couple years ago. I just got it put back together a few months ago, after a major rebuild. If you need to know specifics on the motor, let me know. I haven't changed any of the settings. Everything is set to what the original instructions called out.

Here are the readings off the pro.

Engine Off: Idle: 800-900rpm
TPS- .46 .47
BD- 0 0
MT- 92.7 93
o2- .22 .4-.7 then pegs .11 and ses light comes on
FE- 100 100
ASC- 100 100
AFR- 0 0
CF- 100 100
TAF- 11.5 11.5
MP- 84.5 36 then goes to 43 after ses
DC- 97.1 97.1
AFL- 0 6-7
AFI- 0 0
VE- 76 56 then 59 after ses
FI- 0 0
FO- 30 38
UT- 0 0

I'm a little confused about one thing I see on there. You're TAF is reading 11.5

TAF should only display a value when WB tracking is active and all necessary parameters for tracking have been met. You shouldn't see a WOT value that rich unless you're actually in WOT tracking, I doubt you were.
The correction Factor on my Pro reads in + and - values of a %. Sometimes while cruising I might see vulues at around +10 to +14 or so. And while idling I might see a +4 or -2 depending on what kind of load there is

Your CF is showing 100 which is a Translator GenII type of value (meaning 0 correction)

TAF 11.5 ???????

Bob reminded me:

he should update to 5.03,

I believe 4.40 shows 11.5 as the TAF, all the time as there is no PT tracking.

4.40 used the "100" correction factor

MP should be a lot closer to 100 with the engine not running.

Bob reminded me:

he should update to 5.03,

I believe 4.40 shows 11.5 as the TAF, all the time as there is no PT tracking.

4.40 used the "100" correction factor

MP should be a lot closer to 100 with the engine not running.

Ok, MP should be closer to 100... how do I accomplish that?

Ok, MP should be closer to 100... how do I accomplish that?

Your reading of 84 is quite low. Mine for example reads 96-97 key on engine off, depending on barometric pressure when I check it.

You might take a real close look at your connections to the MAP sensor for example.

Do you have the correct MAP sensor selected on the Pro?

If you know you have a 3 bar map and you know your set for 3 bar in the pro then you may need a new sensor. Key on engine off, the vacuum lines really have nothing to do with it.

If your not in upper 90's then replace the sensor.