GNX #298 on Ebay: PA reconstructed title

phillyturbosix said:
I have some pictures of this car when it was wrecked.. just have a look at the vin on the build sheet and the vin of the car on the eBay auction! :eek: :eek: :eek: Link to my site www.turbobuicks.net here

Story goes.. they picked up a GN and took all the "GNX" parts off the wrecked car and moved them to a loaded GN. But yea.. she was hurt bad! So did #298 die in that wreck or does it live on! Either way every GNX was nothing more then a GN when it started out! :cool:

Hey- pics #1-5 on your site are of my car! That's the damn Tundra that killed my GN :mad: :mad: :mad:

SouthernCal GN said:
Hey- pics #1-5 on your site are of my car! That's the damn Tundra that killed my GN :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yea that one was a sad wreck as well! The way these people drive out there ya never know :mad: Did you end up buying it back and parting it out? What happend with yours?

someone bit over 20k!! Get it right next to the one for same !!!!! Im afraid to!! :LOL

I just found out from a credible source what they did with the VIN swap on this car is NOT legal!!!
I see litigation in the future over this car, This is going to get ugly, For both party’s involved :eek: :eek:

phillyturbosix said:
Yea that one was a sad wreck as well! The way these people drive out there ya never know :mad: Did you end up buying it back and parting it out? What happend with yours?

In a way, it was a blessing- the car was going to go under the knife for some mods/paint/etc. We had just gotten back from England (vacation) not 12 hours before, and I was out running some errands...

Botom line- I ended up with a great astro-roof car after mad negotiations with the insurance folks. I let the other car go...

If anyone wants to make the phone call Monday morning, feel free. :wink:

This is who you want right here... He will be in his office tomorrow morning.

Trooper Ron Taylor
Vehicle Fraud Division
PA State Police
Chambersburg Barracks
717-264-5161

screw you guys. im gonna win the pics! then off to Barrett Jackson with them. muuah ha ha ha ha ha.

bishir said:
Wow, and now the car may be haunted! SPooky. :p

id be worried about that too. good thing that car is no longer around then :D

id bid again... but im afraid id shoot it so far into the stratosphere that it would be the highest priced GNX related item on Ebay. thereby defeating the purpose of shill bidding it so its always next to the car in question when the listing results turn up.

so in other words... you've won this time FlyinGN.. just wait till the fake GNX goes higher. ill be right there with it :D

by the way, always good to see that people and the internet have made the information available to document what has happened with certain vehicles in their lives. database projects have done well to keep an eye on rare autos and their histories. there was a similar thread regarding a 68 Cougar GT-E on another board im a member on. yes, it got heated at times but still, the car is known to be a rebody and hopefully that will prevent any future misrepresentation of it. seeing as the VIN and photos of this GNX are also documented, it seems the same will continue here.

now i feel all warm and fuzzy and will sleep well tonight :D.

heres the GT-E thread - note that the car here not only was a rebody, but also had a non numbers matching engine.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23832&highlight=rebody

Missing pics in auction

Did you guys read the text in this photo close? I asked the seller to email me four photos of the car prior to "reconstruct" and have received no response to date. No surprise there.

bb_3.JPG

yullose said:
If anyone wants to make the phone call Monday morning, feel free. :wink:

This is who you want right here... He will be in his office tomorrow morning.

Trooper Ron Taylor
Vehicle Fraud Division
PA State Police
Chambersburg Barracks
717-264-5161

Cool Chambersburg is 20 minutes away & that means it'll be up at a police auction soon!