GNX TURBO REBUILD "PARTS NEEDED!!!"

GNXJEFF

I sent GNX 239's turbo to Precision six weeks ago to be rebuilt. Precision still has the turbo...... When I called them they said they had "some" GNX parts left? Does anyone know if I made the correct choice in sending my GNX turbo to them? They did a great job on my GN turbo...

Attachments

• GNX Turbo.jpg
    GNX Turbo.jpg
    944.6 KB · Views: 242
You should of sent it to bison
On the board plus there's is no harm in using a stock Gn turbo in it's place and leave that one in a box
Chances are if you blow it up, there will be no parts available
Just saying

I agree...put on a stocker or a 49 and put the real one in a display case if you plan on showing the car or completely restoring it. Many have removed the GNX turbo and replaced it.

The couple of guys I've known have removed their factory GNX turbos. If anything, the ceramic compressor is more prone to chipping the blade tips. I don't think I've ever seen one yet that wasn't flawed in some way. The lowest miles one came off a car with just 240 some miles. Even with minor damage, an original is worth some coin; I haven't priced one out lately or even seen one for sale in a while.

I've got an NOS turbine with the correct ex side journal bearing and associated hardware if you need it. It might take a week to remove the ex housing without breaking the turbine. Very fragile. I've also got some nice low mile original bearing housings with the correct cast marks for them

I had Precision rebuild my Original GNX turbo and they did a great job. From what I remember correctly there was one gentleman that did them because it is so fragile. It did take several weeks but I was in no rush because I installed a stock GN turbo in its place.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Better get it back from Precision asap! Make sure they didn't screw you!
why would you make a statement like that? do you have personnel experience with them?
or just showing your ignorance. if others have used them and have had good results.............

I didn't... They pressed the compressor cover onto my turbo when it obviously didn't fit. I'm not sure how they got it on there but it was definitely not meant to go on like that. Came back with a stripped bolt hole too.